I was having a lot of fun with this game. I don't care about the dip in graphical quality, it just felt fun to play, that is, until my favorite companion died on my ship, killing her questline. I didn't even know about this bug being in the original release, so imagine the rollercoaster ride it was when I discovered this was a known issue that had been solved... But is still on the switch version. Parvati is my ace, I just love having her character around. I don't know if I've ever been so interested in a companion quest. I didn't realize it until I got to Monarch at level 21. Hopefully this gets the proper attention. I haven't heard anything about it except for on other consoles where it's been fixed already.

The same thing happened to me, one of many disappointments in the half-baked Switch port of this otherwise excellent game. Google "The Outer Worlds update 1.2 fixes a dreaded bug," and you'll get the whole (rather amusing) story behind the original bug, but as you've noticed that doesn't help us much. Unfortunately they seem to have ported an earlier version, so we'll have to wait for the Switch port to get updated - assuming they bother to do that. I actually noticed it soon enough to reload a previously saved file and complete her companion quests, which was totally worth it. Unfortunately the "Parvati died" flag was apparently still set somewhere, because after I'd beaten the game her ending card said she'd died while adventuring with me., even though she was standing right next to me when I finished the final level.

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently there's a patch coming that will "further improve" performance

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/06/a_new_patch_is_in_the_works_for_the_switch_version_of_the_outer_worlds

Unless I glossed over it, and lawd I pray I have, I didn't see anything about this particular bug. I still haven't touched that game since and I refuse. It's disappointing.