Turn head bob off?

First, let me say how much i was eagerly anticipating Outer Worlds :)  As one of the estimated 33% of the people who get Simulator Sickness (to varying degrees) from the first person perspective in games and simulations, i was hoping for a 3rd person perspective like previous games, so i  am curious if there is a chance that there is a plan to implement this as an addition/update in the future?

Second, in order to try and reduce the "motion sickness" effects, is there a way to turn off the head bob? I looked under the setup and did not see anything in the limited setup items you could modify.... but it is  very possible that i am just overlooking it.

Thanks for any tips or any other help you can give me, i am trying to adjust framerate/motion blurr/head bob in order to be able to play Outer Worlds, which does look great!! ... if  i can just play it...

• Like 1

Hello, Pumpus.

I'm sorry the head bob is not allowing you to experience The Outer Worlds. There currently isn't any official way to play the game without that effect occurring. We have our development team looking into it and hope to have a fix for it. In the meantime, to expedite your request, you can send an e-mail to our publisher, Private Division at support@privatedivision.com. This will get your issue into their queue and allow us to prioritize requests to ensure the fastest possible turn around time. We apologize again and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issue.

--Doug.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi -

I want to add that the OP's sensitivity is likely tested even further by the fact that there is a very strange effect that happens when head bob kicks in. See the following YouTube video (not made by me):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTzHlm2IHWk

It sure looks like a bug, as it completely demolishes the sense of being in a 2D world.

Note that I don't have simulator sickness, but aside from feeling for those who do (and therefore believing that head bob should be configurable - along with a full set of standard accessibility options - in all games) I'd like to see a head bob off switch so I can engage said switch and avoid the effect shown in the video, which is completely immersion breaking.  The mountain in the video looks like a 2D decal from an NES game.

Thanks for your consideration.