[PC] Event 1000 Application Error logged

I see from Event viewer some Event 1000 - I think this is maybe being logged on each game exit as the game isnt crashing while running 

Faulting application name: IndianaWindowsStore-Win64-Shipping.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.418, time stamp: 0x99ca0526
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000072a6
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Faulting package full name: PrivateDivision.TheOuterWorldsWindows10_1.0.369.0_x64__hv3d7yfbgr2rp

Thanks for that - I am troubleshooting a similar issue but one which is causing the PC to power cycle.

The error code is fairly broad, but in short the app is trying to do something with memory it isn't allowed access to (or doesn't exist...). Bit odd, but nothing to worry about unless it gives you actual grief.

Which build of Windows 10 are you on? (Press Windows key + R, and type winver - it'll say Microsoft Windows, then Version #### (OS Build #####.###) directly below it). Might help the devs locate the problem if it is one.

2 hours ago, Dorgrin said:

Thanks for that - I am troubleshooting a similar issue but one which is causing the PC to power cycle.

The error code is fairly broad, but in short the app is trying to do something with memory it isn't allowed access to (or doesn't exist...). Bit odd, but nothing to worry about unless it gives you actual grief.

Which build of Windows 10 are you on? (Press Windows key + R, and type winver - it'll say Microsoft Windows, then Version #### (OS Build #####.###) directly below it). Might help the devs locate the problem if it is one.

I'm on 18362.449 - which is 1903 with last week's Cumulative Update

The event is logged once per run of the game - from the timestamp it's whenever I exit the game.

I'm seeing no ill effect, the game doesn't crash during play and there's no pop-up message when this error is logged.

It's just that Windows tracks error frequency and event 1000 Application Error is one that it flags up as a negative. so I'd like to fix it

I did notice that I cant restart the game straight after exit - I get a message that the game process is already running for a time after exit.

Might be a memory leak not being cleaned up on exit.

Grab the Process Monitor from Microsoft (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon), run it as admin, and use Filter > Filter from the menu. Set the first dropdown to "Process name", the second to "Begins with" and the text box to "Indiana", then hit "Add" and "Okay". When you close the game (or any time really) look for anything in the "Result" column that isn't "SUCCESS", in particular "NAME NOT FOUND" or "PATH NOT FOUND". The operation, result and detail will help figure out what happened.

You can also compare the timestamp in the left most column with the one in Event Viewer to help you find the specific culprit.

+1 for this bug. The GamePass version always (silently) crashes for me on exit.

I have a procmon log of all the Indiana* events on shutdown. Where do I send it to? Don't want to post it on the forum in case it contains some sensitive info about my system (username, config, ...)

• Like 1

This is Obsidian instructions https://support.obsidian.net/article/50-how-do-i-report-a-bug - basically send them an email

It's unclear what if any changes are being considered and when a title update might come. Even TC with Gears 5 maintained an update page.

It's rare these days to be able to make so much progress without major quest glitches in a Day One game,  but there's enough issues raised on these forums  to justify an update. But most of us will have finished the game before there's an update.

• 3 weeks later...