Possible to switch parts of clothing/armor meshes?

I'm new to modding this game, and have am wondering if it's possible to replace, remove, or add pieces of an outfit, rather than just swapping one for another entirely. 

For the first test, I opened items.unity3d in UABE, export dumped monobehavior CL37 and monobehavior CL38 and swapped the following:

0 SubMeshSettings data
      1 string MeshName = "F_HUM_CL37_Bangles"

with the shoes from F_HUM-CL38

0 SubMeshSettings data
      1 string MeshName = "M_HUM_CL14_Shoes"

I imported the updated files, made sure to save as (not export) items.unity3d and then booted up the game. No change.

Has anyone had luck at this?

*Update - the following method does work, but is obviously tedious and not ideal.

I reopened items.unity3d in UABE to confirm that the change had been made, and then I tried editing  characters.unity3d. I dumped the respective meshes, and imported the ones I wanted over the target mesh. As a test, I swapped some belts and boots around both male and female characters and it works.

Edited by chiconspiracy

Yes, it's possible to replace, remove, or add pieces of an outfit, rather than just swapping one for another entirely. At least this is the case for some of them.

Yet what you did was, renaming a "somewhat meaningless" file reference.  As you have already realized you need to edit the mesh files, mostly located in the assetbundles that end with "characters. unity3d".

"MonoBehaviour : Game.CharacterModelVisualData" prefab files just tell the game where to find the game object and avatar files (which them self reference the mesh files) and how to apply material files (which contain the textures).

The SubMeshSettings of the MonoBehaviour just tells the game which material file is applied to the mesh. If a wrong or different mesh name is set here the game just apply the default material file for the actual mesh file. In other words, no change visible.

If you want to change a mesh you really have to replace the mesh file in the corresponding "characters.unity3d" assetbundle. A change to the MonoBehaviour is only necessary, if the previous material file no longer fits to the replaced mesh. Then you have to look up, what the material file of the replaced mesh is, note its "SInt64 m_PathID" ( in uabe you can see those for each file on the right under Path ID) and replace it in the SubMeshSettings.

• Like 1