Sudden XP loss on unleveled sidekick only

BoogeyMan78

Question

To whom it may concern,

Upon recently trying to get all sidekicks recruited into my crew, I realized that Fassina was horribly underleveled (~60k XP/level 11) compared to my party (~126k XP/level 16 on my PC) and have managed to track this issue down to just after boarding the ship in Eder's quest - The Lighted Path.

The problem is that I noticed this issue much later, about 10h in-game time down the road, otherwise I would have just reloaded to that point. I tried reproducing the issue, but it seems it was just a singular occurence. I was not able to get the same XP loss after doing the same encounter again.

I thought perhaps this happened because I hadn't used Fassina at all and did not level her for quite a while, alas it seems this is not the case. Is there any way to get back the lost experience besides console command cheats that lock my achievements?

The way I see it this is a major bug that detracts a lot from the otherwise stellar experience I have had with your game so far. Please see my screenshots attached. I have also attached the savegames right before and after that point, as well as a more recent save to compare/edit.

Screenshots:

Before Bug

After Bug

Recent Comparison - Sidekick

Recent Comparison - PC

Savegames -> Link

Any help or input is greatly appreciated! It is also worth mentioning that no mods have been used, please let me know if you require any other files.

Thank you & kind regards.

1 answer to this question