[4.1] Arcane Archer penalty applying inconsistently

mishona

Question

The Arcane Archer's accuracy penalty is inconsistent.

Imbued Ammunition on Eccea's Arcane Blaster is not considered an imbue effect, and thus getting an accuracy penalty. I understand not getting the accuracy bonus since it isn't an imbued spell effect, but if Imbued Ammunition isn't imbued what is?

Weapon seem to fall into one of three groups

1. Weapons that deal an fire/shock/freeze/acid as a basic damage type in my (admittedly limited) testing seem to not be penalized.

2. Weapons that have % as X damage, unique modals, or and other bonuses.

3. Weapons with no elemental properties, such as a basic wand. This group isn't of concern and won't be mentioned any further.

( Subgroup to 3, Blunderbusses which have Powder Burn which is not affected by Arcane archer's shenanigans.)

Examples of group 1

Essence Interrupter: It has no penalty associated with it and does piercing/shock with no lash.

Lord Darryn's Voulge: It has no penalty and does slash/shock.

Examples of group 2

Frostseeker: Frostseeker does best of slashing/piercing with a freeze lash. Frostseeker also has a conditional freeze/slash on-crit attack. There is no penalty on any attacks, including non-crits.

Modwyr: She has a penalty to accuracy despite having twice as potent a lash as Frostseeker.

Eccea's Arcane Blaster: It has an accuracy penalty. It also has a modal literally called Imbued Ammunition (Which somehow has a separate attack roll from the main attack)

Thundercrack Pistol: No accuracy penalty. Has an electric lash.

That's what I've come to in my admittedly limited testing. I'm sure there are more strange cases.

• Like 1

1 answer to this question