Way to disable SHIFT modifier key

Rolandur

Question

"Whoa, why put this under Technical Support dude?!"

Well, I'll tell you. Now that Deadfire has been out for some time and we've all played for some amount of time--maybe 20 hours, maybe a 100 hours or some of 400+ hours--we've got use to the Stash being always available. So in Deadfire we become trained to SHIFT all items into the Stash... like everything because it don't matter. Doesn't even matter if Lockpicks or Chisels, Food or Weapons, everything goes straight to the Stash.

Now this game I can't stop doing it and it's costing me quite a lot of time. I have to judge if I should reload the last save or head aaaaall the waaaaay back to town to get that weapon I really need, upgrade-wise. I can't stop doing it!

So, keeping the essence of PoE1 and restricted to Stash in cities only is there a way to just disable the Shift Modifier Key? That would resolve all my problems.

Edited by Rolandur

3 answers to this question

So, keeping the essence of PoE1 and restricted to Stash in cities only is there a way to just disable the Shift Modifier Key? That would resolve all my problems.

Yes, there is :)

Time for ahk.

;## ahk script to disable left shift key in Pillars of Eternity
;## run as admin!

#IfWinActive, Pillars of Eternity
$*Lshift::

go to https://autohotkey.com/

download and install the right file for your OS

save above code as file with .ahk ending and execute it with the AutoHotKey.exe (unicode 64 bit usually)

(attach .ahk files to the exe is the easiest way)

enjoy.

p.s ofc the script needs to be running while PoE is running.

Edited by hcl

I guess I forgot about my heavy use of using the SHIFT modifier to select and deselect characters quickly. This works for the absent-minded-Stash-Whoops problem (lol) but now I can't use other functionalty assigned to the SHIFT. I guess the problem could only be resolved at the core_engine level, perhaps.

Thanks all the same though, great idea using autohotkey.

Edited by Rolandur

I guess I forgot about my heavy use of using the SHIFT modifier to select and deselect characters quickly. This works for the absent-minded-Stash-Whoops problem (lol) but now I can't use other functionalty assigned to the SHIFT. I guess the problem could only be resolved at the core_engine level, perhaps.

Thanks all the same though, great idea using autohotkey.

you could install IEMod and activate the stash always available option :)

• Like 1