Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Save game/loadedsave.zip permission error

error persmissions save

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Kaiiri

Kaiiri

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts

Hello been trying to play this game for ever now it seems but have been plagued by the same issue every time. I start a game, save, and then exit and when I come back into the game only new game is available to click. I've done research and have found out that there is a permission issue in

C:\Users\antho\AppData\Local\Temp\Obsidian Entertainment\Pillars of Eternity II\loadedSave.zip

The output file (which is TO BIG TO ATTACH......) says this about it:

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:/Users/antho/AppData/Local/Temp/Obsidian Entertainment/Pillars of Eternity II/loadedSave.zip" is denied.
  at System.IO.File.Delete (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.LegacySaveGameImporter.GetGameCompleteLegacySaveGameInfos (SizeStyle sizeStyle, System.Boolean& abort) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Game.LegacySaveGameImporter:GetGameCompleteLegacySaveGameInfos(SizeStyle, Boolean&)
SaveGameInfo:CacheSaveGameInfoThreadFunc()

I have full control over the files and directory.

Heard this was an issue with POE 1 as well..... not sure why the devs haven't fixed this stupid issue that is preventing me from playing the game for months now.....

Appreciate help.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: error, persmissions, save

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users