Lead Key (quest item)

Help, please.

After opening up Act III recently, my current character was making the rounds to clear up / profit from several Bounty Quests.

One place she had to go was back to the Defiance Bay catacombs.

So while she was there, after clearing out the nest of undead for the Bounty quest, I decided to have her clean out the Defiance Bay cell of Leaden Key operatives, the ones who meet under the ruin of the Temple of Woedica.  I was done with their quests, they were evil, and there was a bit of loot to be had.

From one of the operatives' corpses, probably the Acolyte, I recovered a Quest Item.  The Lead Key.  The engine automatically added this keyt to the Quest Item portion of my party's Stash.

Does anyone know what this Lead Key does? 

Or what Quest it would be used in? 

What chest or door it opens?

Obviously it is not an essential, single path item, since I was able to complete all of the Acolyte quests, indeed all of the Act II quests without it.  But not knowing what it does, or how to acquire it without an armed confrontation with the Acolyte crew is driving me nuts.

Note:  The official wiki does not turn up any entry for an item titled Lead Key.  Lots on "The Leaden Key", the organization, of course, but nothing on this item.

• 2 months later...