Minor bugs that I hope will one day be fixed

Chandagnac

Question

So far, I've enjoyed playing POE: Deadfire. Apparently, I've played for over a hundred hours. I hadn't really noticed. I've just been enjoying the ride. Except for the bugs. There are a lot of minor bugs.

As yet, I haven't encountered any truly gamebreaking bugs (except the one that periodically deletes my saved games, which would have the potential to be gamebreaking if not for the fact that it doesn't seem to delete autosaves). Hmm. I suppose I'd better answer these questions:

Save Files Being Deleted:

We are aware of users experiencing their save files disappearing and are working hard to investigate the cause. Details we are looking for specific to this issue are the following:

• Are your saves not present from the Main Menu screen in-game? Or are the files completely gone from your save file location?

Note: Your save files should be found in your respective platform's file destination https://support.obsi...me-files-stored

• Do you have Cloud Sync enabled? Or have you disabled Cloud Sync recently? (Disabling Cloud Sync will not sync to any save files created in the Cloud)
  • What patch versions have your saves been present through? (ex: Patch v1.0.2 - Patch v1.1.1)
  • Did your saves disappear right after updating to this latest patch? Or did this occur on this latest patch sometime while you were playing?
  • Do newly created save files also disappear?
  • Are you switching between different platforms? (ex: PC to Mac, Linux to PC, Mac to Linux, etc.)
  • Anything else you can think of that you think may have caused this to occur

1. I've never used Cloud Sync. As far as I'm aware, I don't even have it on my computer.

2. I got Deadfire around 20th June, about the same time as patch 1.1.1.0064 was released. I've made different saved games at various time since then.
3. No. It seems to happen randomly. I don't think it has anything to do with the patches.

4. Newly created save files don't immediately disappear. Some of them have disappeared later on.

5. No.

6. Uhh... one of my save files disappeared when I was reloading a lot trying to avoid a bug which caused all of my food and water rations to disappear. Too much reloading, maybe?

Well, anyway I've come across a lot of more minor bugs that have harmed my enjoyment of this game.

Whenever I look at the the journal, or my character sheet, or I go to a shop, the scroll bar often seems to have a mind of its own. Very often, I can't look at what I want to look at because the scroll bar is whizzing up or down and won't let me move it. This was also a problem in POE 1, which wasn't fixed even with the final patch, so I'm not holding out much hope that this will ever be fixed. It's annoying as hell, though. (I've played POE 1 across multiple different computers and this has been a recurring problem, so I can't imagine that I'm the only one who's come across this bug.)

Several pet party bonuses seem to remain permanently active even after I've switched to a different pet. Also, a number of my party members seem to have Zealous Focus as a permanent bonus even when there's no paladin in the group. This is a minor niggle, but the game was already fairly easy so I didn't really need anything to make it even easier.

Sometimes, when I load the game, something goes wrong with the game's timer (at least, I assume that's what the problem is), and it pays out several week's worth of wages at once, which typically costs me around 3000 copper pands. Or my crew members get extra hungry and consume several hundred food and drink items all at once. This is something I have to keep an eye on every time I load the game. It really messes up the ship management element of Deadfire when I know that at any moment a couple of hundred rations could disappear from my inventory and leave my people starving in the middle of the ocean.

There are a few odd dialogue quirks. Like, when you get back from Poko Kahara, your journal suggests that you turn in the quest to either Director Castol or Governor Alvari. However, if you go to Castol first, like I did (hey, I'd never met him before and I like meeting new people), he'll introduce himself and give a long speech about how amazing luminous adra is. Then, if you go downstairs to talk to Alvari, she'll bring you upstairs to meet Castol, he'll introduce himself again and give you another long speech about how amazing luminous adra is. Exactly the same speech, in fact.

Well, that's all I can think of, for now. If I encounter any more bugs, I'll be back. As I've said before, I hope that some of these bugs will eventually be fixed.

EDIT 1: Also, it doesn't seem like Galawain gives any reward for siding with him at the end of the Overgrowth quest. Dunno if that's a bug or just Galawain being a ****.

EDIT 2: In the previous game, Pallegina disobeyed orders and *didn't* make an exclusive deal with Eir Glanfath that would have screwed over the people of Dyrwood, so her bosses exiled her. However, because I gave the soul essence to Galawain and he used it to buff the people of the Dyrwood, eventually the Vaillian Republic realised that they'd had a lucky escape and reinstated Pallegina as a member of the Frermas mes Cancs Suolias.

However, in my Deadfire game, Pallegina's Five Suns Breastplate contradicts my previous game history by saying that the Dyrwoodans were furious about the exclusive deal between Eir Glanfath and the Vaillian Republics. Strengthened by the gift of souls, they waged a terrible war against the Vaillian Republics which forced them to waive their exclusive trading rights with Eir Glanfath. None of that happened, according to the slides I got at the end of POE1. The item description contradicts the events of my imported game history.

Edited by Chandagnac

1 answer to this question