Combat crashes my video drivers.

Christliar

Question

Pretty much what it says on the tin. When I enter combat, at one point the drivers crash, the screen flickers black, then they recover and I have to close PoE2. The game is obviously unplayable like this. This is a new problem, as I didn't experience this before patch 1.2. My video drivers are up to date. The output log says "d3d11 has failed to create a buffer". The game doesn't start at all if I try to force d9 from the shortcut, trying to force it through GOG Galaxy starts the game, but it still crashes with the same error message in the output log.

EDIT: Turns out it's not only combat, it crashes randomly with graphics set to low with the same error message, but also with "d3d11: failed to create staging 2D texture" in the output log. My graphics card is an AMD rx460 if that makes any difference.

EDIT2: So, after extensive googling, I found what the problem was. I also had an unrelated problem that made this issue worse. If anyone else is having the same issues with d3d11 in any Unity engine game, you should enable V-Sync, that is what fixed it for me.

output_log.txt

Edited by Christliar

1 answer to this question