Maneha is suddenly bugged and won't respond to commands

strazor

Question

Greetings,

I hadn't played POE 1 in a few weeks but thought I would pick up where I left off.  I have the GOG edition installed with WM 1 and 2.  When I launched the game I received a notice that the Deadfire portraits had been added, etc.

I loaded my game as normal (left off in the middle of the Longwatch Falls region) and Maneha is completely bugged.  When she moves (IF she is able to move at all), it looks like she is gliding rather than walking - no walking animation.  Then when she stops, she jitters very fast instead of having the normal idle animation.  Also, her equipped weapons no longer appear on her avatar.  She will not respond to any commands for attacking or using special abilities, either.

Per other forum suggestions I have tried the following:

-Knockdown on Maneha

-Allow Maneha to get knocked unconscious

-Leave the area (when she actually moves) and go to a new region

-Rest

-Remove her from the party and then re-add

-Engage in conversation

None of the above has worked.  The other big issue is that no matter WHICH save I load, even older saves, she exhibits the same behavior.  So some update has now bugged her in ALL of my saves.

I feel that my only recourse is to reinstall and hope that I can use my old saves, or to just not use Meneha at all.  I'd like to continue using her and finish her quest line if I can.

Any other suggestions before I try a re-install?

Thanks!

1 answer to this question