Ideas how to make classes with interesting concepts more viable

I was a bit disappointed with some of sub-classes, so I want to know your opinion and maybe ideas.

1) Darcozzi paladin - Fire shield is just way too situational in comparison to other paladin sub-classes.

I would like it to be replaced by Sworn enemy additional debuff -15 accuracy vs everyone else besides Darcozzi paladin. Sort of mocking or taunt that makes enemy harder to focus on his target.

This will make it easy to use defensive boost, which aligns with snarking Darcozzi paladin style.

2) Corpse eater - ability is underwhelming and also situational.

I find it's interesting that Corpse eater have unique effects with specific food and I think it could be best feature of sub-class, but it is strangely  underused. Corpse eater should be able to loot kith meat from killed humans, to use it for further fights. It would have interesting aspect of brawler-alchemist - spend time to prepare special food from harvesting various bodies to empower himself instead of instant boost on spot like berserker.

This would make sub-class more appealing for caster multiclass, like Witch or Warlock - boost general Power Level though questionable dietary solutions and use it to cast stronger spells.

Right now it's kinda weird - Corpse eater can eat fresh corpses of enemies to replenish health, but can't eat zombies, though he loots kith meat from zombies, which he can eat on rest. Are zombies too tough to eat raw and should be cooked beforehand?

3) Death godlike - racial boosts are really hard to use, but maybe it's intentional. I don't want racial abilities to play large role in choosing race, but there could be some tweaks to make it more usable.

Personally I would prefer if Power Level boost worked as aura - as long as there are Near Dead enemies near Death Godlike (7 meters range?) he gets Power Level boost. Maybe 1 point per low health enemy up to some max amount.

It wouldn't be reliable, like Nature godlike, but potentially much cooler than 'boost which usually lasts few seconds before you die'.

Edited by ErlKing
  • Like 1