[BUG]: Quest -> Shadow of Neketaka/Fruitful Alliance. (Can't push story forward)

Svalen

Question

Description: I come in to a quest loop where I finish the quest Shadow of Neketaka, get the quest Fruitful Alliance, and then when I try to turn in Fruitful Alliance I am not able to do so, but instead get the quest Shadow of Neketaka again from the beginning - Which I can't finish since I already did.

Part of this bug (I belive) Is that I can't seem to fix the dragon issue by retaining part of its soul even though I have enough metaphysics(?) to do so according to the dialogue option avality.

This pushes me in to doing a fight with the dragon, which I win, and then I can actually do what I want (Which is keeping part of the dragon soul, and letting it free as well)

Often the fight with the dragon wont end even though Im interacting with it using dialogue.

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

1. Use attached savefile, finish dragon in any way you want (I tried all)

2. Turn in quest to Queen of Neketaka.

3. Get Fruitful Alliance quest.

4. Realize that earlier actions by character/party have made it so that this quest is already ready to be turnt in to Queen of Neketaka.

5. Turn in quest to Queen of Neketaka.

At this point you will se that it is not possible. You will instead get the Shadow of Neketaka quest again which, as stated above, can't be finished.

Important Files:

Included dxdiag file, savefile, output log.

Screenshots

No included screenshot. I did not find it neccessary to include, but can be done on request.

DROPBOX LINK:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w689xk69f3nlj0a/SaveF_DxD_OutputL.zip?dl=0

4 answers to this question

In the variation of the bug I encountered, I 

1. completed Shadow Under Neketaka by passing the metaphysics check (no noticable problems)

2. Picked up the Fruitful Alliance quest, talked to and sided with the Wahaki ranga (also had the contrasting quest from Furrante and the director).

3. Went back to talk to the Wahaki ranga after dealing with the slavers and couldn't find her (she was supposed to be in the sanctum where I first met her, right?)

4. Tried to talk to the Kahanga queen anyways, and was given Shadow Under Neketaka again.

Any ideas if there's a point I could go back to make this work, or do I have to give up on poor Aloth's quest for this playthrough?

1. completed Shadow Under Neketaka by passing the metaphysics check (no noticable problems)

2. Picked up the Fruitful Alliance quest, talked to and sided with the Wahaki ranga (also had the contrasting quest from Furrante and the director).

3. Went back to talk to the Wahaki ranga after dealing with the slavers and couldn't find her (she was supposed to be in the sanctum where I first met her, right?)

4. Tried to talk to the Kahanga queen anyways, and was given Shadow Under Neketaka again.

Any ideas if there's a point I could go back to make this work, or do I have to give up on poor Aloth's quest for this playthrough?

Well, it definitely looks like the bug is triggered by not completing the alliance between the Huana tribes. I went back to a previous save, and tracked down the Wahaki ranga in her bedroom after dealing with the slavers (and remembering to do the Leaden Key diaogue choices, which is neither here nor there).

After I spoke to ranga, I was able to speak with Onekaza and complete the quest without the bug triggering.

Well, it definitely looks like the bug is triggered by not completing the alliance between the Huana tribes. I went back to a previous save, and tracked down the Wahaki ranga in her bedroom after dealing with the slavers (and remembering to do the Leaden Key diaogue choices, which is neither here nor there).

After I spoke to ranga, I was able to speak with Onekaza and complete the quest without the bug triggering.

Yea, I guess thats a way to go about it if one has a save ready to go at that point, which I don't. Thanks a lot for the feedback, but as players we can't be expected to work around this. I'm hoping an employee can give me some help or a response.

Yea, I guess thats a way to go about it if one has a save ready to go at that point, which I don't. Thanks a lot for the feedback, but as players we can't be expected to work around this. I'm hoping an employee can give me some help or a response.

True enough. Hope they're able to work out a fix for you!