Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Portraits III

• Please log in to reply
566 replies to this topic

ThirstyLion

ThirstyLion

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

So there's this Death Godlike by artist SmalltownVampire. Looks AMAZING! Water Color is in the link and check the other art as well!

http://smalltownvamp...ge/174951043227

tumblr_pafaoeQPjw1ujzrr2o1_r1_1280.png

• InsaneCommander and PentaFlash like this

Phenomenum

Phenomenum

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 266 posts

the watercolor portrait is to align to be consistent with portraits of other NPCs. they can come out with water color portraits quickly (and even forego the quality of it) in quantity. for me i personally don't like watercolor portraits. i have no knowledge in image editing (i believe many people as well) which makes it hard for me to use any images that i want.

Depends of portrait. I can't spend my time hand-drawing dozens of portraits for people, so i'm using PS (and most people like my works). It's better than nothing anyway, and some "watercolors" i've made better than originals (IMHO):
female_human_k3_convo.png.aa62c9d27b4174female_human_k_si.png.4cc0214ea82e8c1930

Edited by Phenomenum, Yesterday, 08:31 PM.

• Khagmas likes this

akichan_am

akichan_am

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts

For the first time I have the actual artist of many of the images written down, artastrophe on deviantart did some amazing Baldur's Gate portraits that I've also been using for PoE and about haf of these images are by them. The rest have been sitting in my folder since the first game and I have no frecking clue who drew them.

Preview:Attached File  6EFFKGe_convo.png   145.74KB   0 downloads Attached File  maledwarf3_convo.png   151.34KB   0 downloadsAttached File  orland4_convo.png   139.41KB   0 downloadsAttached File  voghiln_convo.png   132.78KB   0 downloads

https://imgur.com/a/Md5nbhq

Edited by akichan_am, Yesterday, 09:41 PM.

Dhivuri

Dhivuri

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts

Hello, I'm going to scour this thread and the previous one but I was wondering if anybody knew of an elf woman portrait fitting the scarred face (#3)?

Phenomenum

Phenomenum

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 266 posts

Hello, I'm going to scour this thread and the previous one but I was wondering if anybody knew of an elf woman portrait fitting the scarred face (#3)?

Maybe this?

vDu1n1w.png

NocturnalTrance

NocturnalTrance

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 35 posts

0chfhDi.pngbe0ocHC.pngmXY1AGq.pngxnGYDcf.png

Hey guys, I made a new potrait out of a qunari concept art image. I changed the hair and eyes to make a fire godlike, whose collection of potraits I find rather limiting.

• InsaneCommander, Casper and akichan_am like this

rootwork

rootwork

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts

Been tinkering a bunch with portraits, I think I've found some of the best methods to really make them fit alongside the official ones. Orlan art by @Artinthepan and godlike art by https://gauntletto.tumblr.com/.

H4Brc8W.jpgKNjjqog.jpgJxXXc9t.png4DnLBZr.png

TWJFJpW.pngxOXVakE.png2gGGphm.pngZJB7QJs.png

Also if the original artists happen to see these and would prefer me not to post my watercolor versions, let me know and I'll remove them!

• akichan_am likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

akichan_am