Any chance an artist out there would be willing to take a real photo, turn it into a portrait and do the watercolor?

Super nerd for wanting my brother and I in my game... :D Just curious :)

I haven't ever tried to do water color before, but I'm happy to try and do the actual portrait art for you! I can't guarantee quality, but it'll be free. ;p

Do you have references I can use or what clothing /equipment would be on the character?

Any chance an artist out there would be willing to take a real photo, turn it into a portrait and do the watercolor?

Super nerd for wanting my brother and I in my game... :D Just curious :)

I should also mention that if you don't like the end result, you don't have to use it at all. I think some people have the pressure to use the art if it's given to them, and I don't want anyone to feel that way.

What about her? Can someone please give it a try? I tried my best with the watercolour portraits in Gimp but failed due to the dark hair...

Nice lady. Sadly, but overall composition of portrait is sucks - 50% of  space spended for orange background. Don't understand it, but anyway - here's my try.

lBXxUDZ.pngHHCTi3d.pngF9cFukL.pngzrKtvxX.png

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 4

What about her? Can someone please give it a try? I tried my best with the watercolour portraits in Gimp but failed due to the dark hair...

Nice lady. Sadly, but overall composition of portrait is sucks - 50% of  space spended for orange background. Don't understand it, but anyway - here's my try.

lBXxUDZ.pngHHCTi3d.pngF9cFukL.pngzrKtvxX.png

the watercolor portrait is to align to be consistent with portraits of other NPCs. they can come out with water color portraits quickly (and even forego the quality of it) in quantity. for me i personally don't like watercolor portraits. i have no knowledge in image editing (i believe many people as well) which makes it hard for me to use any images that i want.

the watercolor portrait is to align to be consistent with portraits of other NPCs. they can come out with water color portraits quickly (and even forego the quality of it) in quantity. for me i personally don't like watercolor portraits. i have no knowledge in image editing (i believe many people as well) which makes it hard for me to use any images that i want.

Depends of portrait. I can't spend my time hand-drawing dozens of portraits for people, so i'm using PS (and most people like my works). It's better than nothing anyway, and some "watercolors" i've made better than originals (IMHO):

female_human_k3_convo.png.aa62c9d27b4174female_human_k_si.png.4cc0214ea82e8c1930

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1

For the first time I have the actual artist of many of the images written down, artastrophe on deviantart did some amazing Baldur's Gate portraits that I've also been using for PoE and about haf of these images are by them. The rest have been sitting in my folder since the first game and I have no frecking clue who drew them.

Preview:post-205425-0-59189800-1529732406_thumb.png post-205425-0-85368000-1529732420_thumb.pngpost-205425-0-46272500-1529732429_thumb.pngpost-205425-0-08151900-1529732456_thumb.png

https://imgur.com/a/Md5nbhq

Edited by akichan_am

Hello, I'm going to scour this thread and the previous one but I was wondering if anybody knew of an elf woman portrait fitting the scarred face (#3)?

Maybe this?

vDu1n1w.png

0chfhDi.pngbe0ocHC.pngmXY1AGq.pngxnGYDcf.png

Hey guys, I made a new potrait out of a qunari concept art image. I changed the hair and eyes to make a fire godlike, whose collection of potraits I find rather limiting.

• Like 3

"People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" ~Wynne, Dragon age Origins

UjXBNTE.png4azh8s1.pngsoccexe.pnggT5zC8p.png

Hey guys, I edited a potrait of an aasimar I found to make a moon godlike, hope you like it!

(Credit to original artist: http://miguelregodon.blogspot.com)

• Like 8

"People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" ~Wynne, Dragon age Origins

an alternative Pallegina mod

w4XUcQv.png7U9HInD.png

and a bit darker color variant of Maia

dv4Y2ZI.pngj1yjaea.png

awesome looking pallegina there! i hope no one gets offended with her showing skin. it seems the trending nowadays is that we need to be afraid of women showing skin and that's seems to be a sin.

• Like 1

awesome looking pallegina there! i hope no one gets offended with her showing skin. it seems the trending nowadays is that we need to be afraid of women showing skin and that's seems to be a sin.

I feel like I'm baiting myself here, but :

It's not woman showing skin that's a problem, it's the fact that an excessive number of things have most or all women showing skin for no reason other than fanservice (usually directed at men only). People would (or should) get mad if a ton of content was men constantly exploited for sexuality or whatever(just for women), over and over.

I'm really grateful that pillars of eternity's clothes make sense/aren't just for a male eye, and that both men and woman are written like people and not gender expectations.

That said, I generally don't care about mods or fan art, because it's totally individual and personal. People can do whatever in their personal free time. ;p ;)

• Like 6

Also just want to clarify quick, when I responded, I hope it didn't come off like I was trying to make you or anyone feel badly! Absolutely wasn't my intent. I just wanted to explain that perspective /point of view.

Also super off topic, my bad.

• Like 2