i usually get a bit more complicated with my custom names... usually something like female_elf_custom_redhead2_lg for example.

helps keep my portrait folders in some kind of order.

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

There are 4 portrait types - lg, sm, convo, si.

example:

male_human_a_lg.png

male_human_a_sm.png

male_human_a_convo.png

male_human_a_si.png

lg = large portrait = 210 x 320 pixels

sm = small portrait  = 76 x 96 pixels

convo = large watercolour = 90 x 141 pixels

si = small watercolour = 76 x 96 pixels

For a custom portrait to show up in the in-game list, you only need lg and sm. I just find the last unique "letter"  for the appropriate sex/race and continue on from there. For example, the last female elf portrait is "female_elf_k_" so I just continue on from there with "female_elf_l_", then "female_elf_m_" and so on.

Thank you!!

• Like 1

I skimmed the previous threads and I found requests but no actual post: does anyone have female fire godlike portraits with watercolor versions to share?

Don't have a matching watercolor, but I imagine this would work perfectly:

stock-photo-furious-and-frustrated-woman

• Like 2

Hey guys, awkwardly gonna bump my request in case anyone has some time and can change these portraits to the "watercolour conversation thingie" format. 

I can at least change it to the smaller "_sm" versions by myself, *self-pat-in-the-back* so don't waste your time on that. 

VU87Jqf.pngzhzNpPY.pnglUGZffh.png5lvOtDx.png

Artwork = Untitled by Jason Chan

Edited by Hayte
  • Like 6

Hey guys, awkwardly gonna bump my request in case anyone has some time and can change these portraits to the "watercolour conversation thingie" format. 

I can at least change it to the smaller "_sm" versions by myself, *self-pat-in-the-back* so don't waste your time on that. 

IRoXIsS.pngJBwp7hW.pngz1GRQxa.pngoyndT69.png

7AkJaXH.pngTon8Li9.pngRqf3Ufv.pngeRm1cui.png

• Like 5

So I tried to make this editing myself, I guess I got closer but I always had a problem with using a multitude of layers and various styles...

I used Ruloc's original Hearth Orlan for my PoE1 character, but I wanted her to be a purple armor (primary/secondary colors) wearing redhead with green eyes to reflect my char creation design choices. When I decided on her I was already for a week or two placing the game aside as I didn't like how most character portraits don't reflect the ingame 3D model choices. https://ruloc.deviantart.com/art/Female-Orlan-Dana-Lg-530354811

Now, this is the original edition of mine I later further worked on to finalize the PoE1 version

bKxnEKi.png

my proper size version for PoE1, I made her turn the opposite side from that of Ruloc's version

T2eY8U0.png

for some reason my Photoshop CS6 seems to lack all watercolor brushes so I did the edits with multilayer editing using edge detection and IrfanView but I got stuck

my attempts now:

Ymp8xnC.png  1OCSBOs.png  Iny5cfb.png

I believe the last one got close to how watercolor changes the face without ruining it, seems easy to mess this up due to the fur :geek:

Of course without the correct brushes even the layers/instructions given a couple earlier threads ago (got lost in the dark of the internet until I got to this thread so as I write this I already read through 2-3 closed portrait threads) don't help me much and I need to ask for assistance.

.. Sadly, while I still plan to use this portrait I had in PoE1 as well I noticed that in PoE2 you can't actually choose this hair style for Orlans anymore, but it is still in there for humans and elves. Any idea how to enable that for orlans too, or maybe there is already an expanded char designer mod? (Would still prefer if the devs just enable the hair style with the little metal bits in the braided hair for orlans as well - mentioning in case a dev actually reads this later)

• Honestly, I admit I dislike the new pencil/watercolor portrait versions, not just that it results in extra burden to make those variants of the portraits if you don't use the vanilla choices, but design-wise it is also easier to just use a single large, high definition/quality image and let the game automatically crop/resize it while running. Doesn't seem like a cost or time effective decision from the devs to bother with making 4 avatar sizes and now also this extra second image style (which is often far more uglier than the original oil painting art style during conversations IMO)

If anyone cares about my char background, her name is Alisŵen and in PoE1 she was a cipher with the lesser rogue ability (already wanted to make her 'multiclass' back then) with the Deadfire/ex-slave origin, dual wielding daggers and using a bow. Once the portrait (and hair issue) is fixed she is going to become a multiclass Rogue/Cipher, subclasses not decided yet but probably Assassin on the rogue side.

Edited by Jorian Drake
  • Like 2

IB1OsQq.png

Can't match Krimsis for speed but heres the (belated) 2nd portrait. This one is cropped a bit more from a higher res source image (via google reverse image search).

ogAS89D.pngg6RSvoz.pngQqB9qU3.png616iNKi.png

Artwork = Untitled (Personal Work) by Mitch Mohrhauser

vvv

Jorian Drake, do you want that Orlan portrait watercoloured? If so, which one?

Edited by Hayte
  • Like 3

1526818886-custom-female-orlan-lg.png1526818884-custom-female-orlan-convo.png1526818885-custom-female-orlan-sm.png1526818884-custom-female-orlan-si.png

Thank you Dex, your work helped me finalize what I had in mind for color hues and I used it as new base template while comparing saturation to the vanilla portrait hues. The fine pencil details are just perfect. :)

end result:

x2HNwuw.png  6ZWOhmI.png

Edited by Jorian Drake
  • Like 3

IB1OsQq.png

Thank you again! How did you know these 2 were my favourites.. :w00t:

Because they were mine too !  :lol:

[You really want the other two ?]

Yeeeeeeeeees..now that you asked so nicely! I don't think I can thank you enough you are doing great work  :bow:

(Don't worry ill probably annoy you for the weeks to come - I have so many pretty portraits..  :yes: )

Edited by Dokuhime