The quest is done pretty shicily, but I don't get too annoyed by such things. It's meh,yeah - but everybody is allowed to have a bad day or two, even designers. ;)

I think this particular quest annoyed the completionist in me. Now I can't finish all the quests in an agreeable manner, which is why Maia's quest disturbs me as well. Perhaps I can rationalise it to myself in the end, like I can when my goody-two-shoes paladin slaughters her way through any ship-like thing that might bring an extra copper coin or two  ;)

The quest is done pretty shicily, but I don't get too annoyed by such things. It's meh,yeah - but everybody is allowed to have a bad day or two, even designers. ;)

I think this particular quest annoyed the completionist in me. Now I can't finish all the quests in an agreeable manner, which is why Maia's quest disturbs me as well. Perhaps I can rationalise it to myself in the end, like I can when my goody-two-shoes paladin slaughters her way through any ship-like thing that might bring an extra copper coin or two  ;)

earlier I had accidentally disabled personality/reputation indicators and racked up a rationality score of 1 on my priest of wael, which is a disfavored reputation. you better believe i found an in-character justification for that.

• Like 1

I was disappointed at the lack of different ways to solve this.

And lack of dialogue to tell what I want to say, not only this quest. Don't tell me infinite choice, certain dialogue is within reasonable range.

For example, when I "buy slave" in Crookspur island, my goal is to save him first before too late and developer knew it since there is option to release him. But when Serafan question me, I cannot explain my plan, I just admit slaving!

Argh, this has bothered me since release. They could improve it a little bit by at least adding in a redundant [LIE] dialogue option (no need for new VO) somewhere in the questline.

• Like 1

The vanilla game suffers from a lot of shoehorned choices or lack there of. For example, not being able to give Bezas notes to the ranga if you destroy the pillar is an egregious oversight.

Edited by Verde

• 8 months later...

I actually don't mind that I was forced into the moral dilemma so much as I wish I could have at least talked to their Ranga about this.  At that point, I would rather have had the game explicitly force me to make the decision.  Given the choice, and here's how I'll live with it, guilty until proven innocent.  From O.J. to Zimmerman, I've been pissing off people on both sides, but sacrificing one innocent in order to save the nation sacrifices the nation. Maybe a bit flamboyant and a tad hyperbolic, but I'll live with that just like I'm okay with sending Rongi to his death for what he did in order to save Tamau, a truly wretched character, for what he did not.  In my mind, I appealed to everyone and he or she refused to listen.  Eventually, society will break down from hunger and decay and, hopefully, the survivors will learn.  If not, they will die.  If so, they will also die.  Just later.  If you hate nihilism, believe in something beyond yourself.  If not, then Tikiwara thriving or not doesn't matter anyway.

"Not for the sake of much time..."

• 3 months later...
On 5/18/2018 at 10:55 AM, M4xw0lf said:

I was disappointed at the lack of different ways to solve this.

Me too, i have diplomaty on my watcher, enough bluff on Seraphin, enough Intimidation on Pallegina, but no one of their skills seem to work... I read the note in his chest, i waitedon the beach several night around midnight, but i never came,  Perception 16 on my watcher but can't see the fruits... This is very frustrating.

Edited by fced

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

On 2/6/2020 at 10:02 PM, fced said:

Me too, i have diplomaty on my watcher, enough bluff on Seraphin, enough Intimidation on Pallegina, but no one of their skills seem to work... I read the note in his chest, i waitedon the beach several night around midnight, but i never came,  Perception 16 on my watcher but can't see the fruits... This is very frustrating.

I also waited on the beach and nobody came. It turns out you have to pass under the stone arch, although the cursor looks as if you can't go there. There you find Rongi and the fruits.

3 hours ago, wih said:

I also waited on the beach and nobody came. It turns out you have to pass under the stone arch, although the cursor looks as if you can't go there. There you find Rongi and the fruits.

I finally solved the quest by leveling up my Perception, after i spoke to everybody, and done everything needed for the quest, i was on the beach arount Midnight, and i eat a Ripple sponge to increase perception ( i had 16 + 3 with Ripple sponge), and the hidden container appeared, as soon i took the Koiki, Rongi appeared and spoke to me...
If you don't have enough perception, get Aloth with you, and make him eat the Ripple sponge + item which increase perception.
I hate this quest, no good ending, too much time spent without advancing the quest...

Edit : i gone under the arch, each night i waited i gone under the arch, i done this during one (may be more) hour, waiting until midnight, going there to see, then waiting another hour, then going under the arch, i can't count how much night i done this...
The quest have a problem.

Edited by fced

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...