[Help] Ghost Heart/Chanter summons - bug or intended?

Zargan

Question

Hey guys,

simple question:

When summoning the Ghost Pet (which drains a resource point) and than use a summoning spell from chanter, the pet will be gone.

Is it a bug or intended? When intended - whats the reason because everywhere I can read that the ranger is overall a little bit weak compared to the other classes?

Thanks!

6 answers to this question

I've moved this to technical support.  If identified as not a bug I can move it back to the discussion forums if necessary.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Hi Zargan,

Thanks for the post! We have this issue logged and being worked on currently.

Best,

-Caleb

Oh wow... you might have saved me a lot of work. I too have a Ghost Heart/chanter. I posted this issue in several game forums, and was told be experienced players that this was intended, otherwise it would be over powered to have multiple summons out at once. At 30+ hours into the game, it really makes my character build concept pointless, and I was on the brink of trying anything other than have to restart from scratch.

Hopefully the devs can get us the details (and fix?) quckly, as id love to start playing again.

Since the general rule is that you only can have one active summon instance (this includes instances with multiple summons like 3 skeletons etc.) I think it's working correctly. It might be an oversight, but it surely isn't a bug.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Since the general rule is that you only can have one active summon instance (this includes instances with multiple summons like 3 skeletons etc.) I think it's working correctly. It might be an oversight, but it surely isn't a bug.

On one hand, we have a user who says one thing. On the other hand we have a developer that says "We have this issue logged and being worked on currently."

Until a developer says otherwise, you will have to understand if I choose to wait and see. "being worked on currently" makes it sound like steps are being taken to fix/improve/adjust the issue. If that is true, then it doesnt sound like its working correctly.