Soulbound Mace

mishkoff

Question

Hi ,

Soulbound Mace's first level requirements seem to be broken. It states to deal 250 to Judged enemies, and Judged on this should happen every hit. I used it for over 3/4 of my gameplay and managed to acquire just 160 damage. It looks like way too low and it can't be that hard to progress this on first level.

4 answers to this question

Hitting things with the Mace applies Judge, you need to hit again, to be damaging the Judged guy and have it count.  Put a Shield on with the Mace, and let that character beat on something by themselves for a couple fights.  I found that my Fighter was basically hitting things once (and applying the buff) before the rest of the party killed it, and that basically kept happening.  After trying this (letting him solo) I went from 0 to 250 in two fights.

Yeah - this was an issue in PoE1 also. When it comes to leveling Soulbound items, your generally better off finding a relatively weak clump of enemies and having that one character run in and solo the group. Just bring Xoti and/or Tekehu (and/or Pallegina if you went Herald path with her), set them on Cautious for combat skills, and disable there auto attacks while leaving them in the back. They'll flood whoever is leveling a Soulbound item with buffs and heals. Disable whoever is leveling the soulbound items combat abilities, but leave auto-attack on. I got Magistrate's Cudgel leveled up in a single fight.

....Then again, I'm playing an Oracle (Druid + Cipher) so I'd just use Whispers of Treason to charm the last enemy before it died, so my backline would heal it back up over and over. lol

Fun Fact: If you add a second copy of the weapon via console and dual wield them, only the cudgel in your primary (right) hand will get credit for damage to Judged enemies. Just saying. lol

Aloth: "Vela, that's not a very nice word... Where did you learn that?"

Vela: "Uncle Serafen."

Aloth: "I see.. We'll just have to have a little chat then, wont we?"

I had the same problem and the mace is bugged where it won't apply the Judge effect any more.

You will have to unequip the mace and then equip it again and it should start applying the effect again, at least it worked for me.