Unplayable FPS, Stuttering, and Flickering after 1.02 patch

Alpharius

Question

I had some issues with random crashes when I got started, probably 2 or 3 times and I couldn't get off the ship in the opening area.   This morning before I left for work I got maybe 20-30 minutes in before I turned it off and headed out, gameplay was smooth, no issues to be noted.  

Get home from work, download the 1.02 patch and now it runs maybe 15 fps at the most, more likely closer to 10.  This makes the game unplayable, extremely disappointed.  I've verified the game files and re-installed,  adjusted graphics settings in game, adjusted nvidia control panel settings, nothing changes anything.  Downloaded new nvidia drivers maybe 24 hours ago and did windows update earlier this week.  

I've had this game for almost a week and due to the crashes and unplayable state of the existing content I've got less than 2 hours in.  I've built my own gaming PC and have been a PC gamer for 20+ years, and I can't remember the last time I've had these kinds of problems with a major release.  Hope this gets patched up quick.    

My Specs: i5 6600k, asus z170 gaming mobo, 16g ram, gtx 1080ti, acer 27" 2560x1440 gsync monitor.   

3 answers to this question

Same here. The game is stuttering and currently unplayable. The Intro (Character Import and Battle on the Ship) is running at very low FPS.

I tried:

"-window-mode exclusive" in Steam

Update GPU Drivers

Reducing all Graphic Options to Low

Testing Fullscreen and Windowed Mode

Changing Priority of the PoEII exe in the task manager to high

But no improvement.

My System: Win 10, GTX 970, i5 2500k, 8GB Ram, SSD

Any ideas how to fix this? Do i have to wait for the next patch? Is Obsidian working on this?

I bought the game on the first day, but until now i wasn´t been able to play a single minute.