Monk Issues – Auto-Pause and Swift Flurry

hugin7

Question

I noticed that a number of monk abilities don’t respect auto-pause settings. For example, Dance of Death, Swift Flurry, Torment’s Reach, Raised Torment, and Thunderous Blows never trigger auto-pause, while some abilities, such as Blade Turning, do. For other classes, similar abilities, such as Flames of Devotion, generally trigger auto-pause.

In addition, I found several issues with Swift Flurry’s critical strike procs. When triggered by Flames of Devotion, the extra burn damage is not triggered. Also, Torment’s Reach, Raised Torment, and Rooting Palm never trigger Swift Flurry despite generating many AoE critical strikes. While it’s possible that it’s not intended for the latter, since it’s passive, I would expect the torment abilities to trigger additional strikes, as with all other active abilities.

3 answers to this question

Obsidian, I understand that you are currently swamped with issues, many of which are more pressing, but a simple confirmation that this is under review and/or entered in your bug database for future evaluation would be greatly appreciated and serves as a great way to motivate additional bug reports and community feedback. ;)