[BUG] Arkemyr & Followers hostile

Narren

Question

Coming back from Bekarna's Folly quest to report to Arkemyr, I find all his followers and archmage himself hostile to me without any good reason at all. Even his imp is saying that he "awaits me downstairs" while being hostile.

Savegame before entering his mansion attached.

PS: worth mentioning that I have chiseled my way into Arkemyr's mansion through water bath after actually robbing his place long time ago. Maybe it's important for debugging.

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

So I have a similar problem. The last time I visited Arkemy's mansion, it was regarding Bekarna. I went to his study on the first floor, and I was told to go see him in the laboratory. I went down, and we used his scrying pool to talk to the rest of the archmages. No problem.

Anyway, many, many hours of gameplay later, I come across the Waterlogged Journal on the island with the fampyrs. I go back to Arkemyr's mansion to talk to him, and he's still in the laboratory. I go towards him, and he, his imps, and his constructs are all hostile.

I've completed the questline, saved the game, and logged for the evening last night. Now when logging in this morning, Arkemyr and his constructs are hostile and i cannot get out of the lab area without repeatedly being killed. 

Secondly, when reloading to an earlier save prior to completion to attempt to "re-complete", it has me fight the lava ooze and elementals, which also activates the contructs when hit. After downing them, it keeps me in combat indefinitely. 

Please advise as I have wasted 4 hours trying to resolve this myself.