I killed Mokeha (and Ikawha), can I proceed with the story or am I stuck?

Will I be able to fix the ship without Ikawha? Is she crucial at that point or later? Is there anything I'm going to miss? It's still early in the game so I can restart no problem.

The story: I went to that village to talk to Mokeha and see what the fuss is about and why she beat someone so badly. It turned out that she's a 3rd wave feminist with an awful attitude and behavior, so through dialogue I chose to attack her. And subsequently killed her. That felt good. Then (spoiler!) Ikawha turned on me. Apparently this was her daughter and for her blood is thicker than water and more relevant than justice. I was only level 3 but I killed her as well, and her henchmen. That also felt good. But now I'm worried that politically correct townsfolk will not want to fix/repair my ship. In which case I'll have to tell them that '..I'm all out of bubblegum'.

Edited by The Josip
  • Like 2

Well, since you started it, you might as well finish the job. Kill everyone in the village and loot the place.

Then blame the pirates or Eothas... :rolleyes::shifty::-

But I don't roleplay as a bad guy :) Others did nothing to me. I made sure during combat not to accidentally hit the fisherman.

And I like Eothas from what I've read about him so far (including what happens at the end of PoE2, if I understood it correctly), even considered creating a Priest of Eothas as my character, but I'm not sure that would be fun. I always preferred Chanters, and besides, I'm not sure two priests would be that useful or interesting (Xoti seems like a nice companions so far, minus her mild cursing and affection for Eder (not liking Eder since he fought against Eothas)).

But I don't roleplay as a bad guy :) Others did nothing to me. I made sure during combat not to accidentally hit the fisherman.

And I like Eothas from what I've read about him so far (including what happens at the end of PoE2, if I understood it correctly), even considered creating a Priest of Eothas as my character, but I'm not sure that would be fun. I always preferred Chanters, and besides, I'm not sure two priests would be that useful or interesting (Xoti seems like a nice companions so far, minus her mild cursing and affection for Eder (not liking Eder since he fought against Eothas)).

Ah, ok, you are not going full evil. It's like my priest of Skaen from PoE1, that was only cruel to the bad guys and oppressors.

sign.jpg

That was swift justice without personal bias! :)

I wasn't aware mugging was a capital offense now.

Prison overcrowding is a big problem in Deadfire.

Yeah.    Just look at all those corpses stacked up in the Old City...

Your boat will still be fixed.

Did that on my latest playthrough as a Bleakwalker/Margran Templar. Led to some interesting dialogue.

I like not being the kindly hero (this is tyranny???)

Do any companions stick around if you do an evil playthrough?

nvAeseu.png

Your boat will still be fixed.

Did that on my latest playthrough as a Bleakwalker/Margran Templar. Led to some interesting dialogue.

I like not being the kindly hero (this is tyranny???)

Do any companions stick around if you do an evil playthrough?

Some do take a firm stand on certain issues but they do give you a fair warning so you can keep them if you adjust your course a tiny bit (or just switch sides and double cross a quest giver). 

If you manage to get on their good side some NPCs will even comment that you may not be the nicest guy around but that they respect you. 

I could be more specific but this is the no spoiler forum. 

The one thing that I find annoying is that it's possible to have an NPC who is affiliated with certain factions and still plunder the ships of these factions. It doesn't make sense for these NPCs to help you sink the ships of their employers. 

• Like 1

Some do take a firm stand on certain issues but they do give you a fair warning so you can keep them if you adjust your course a tiny bit (or just switch sides and double cross a quest giver). 

If you manage to get on their good side some NPCs will even comment that you may not be the nicest guy around but that they respect you. 

The one thing that I find annoying is that it's possible to have an NPC who is affiliated with certain factions and still plunder the ships of these factions. It doesn't make sense for these NPCs to help you sink the ships of their employers.

I see. So evil & manipulative is the way to go. Mind you, you can get them telling you they like you although you are an ass while being benevolent, since it takes next to nothing to max out dispositions. My last char had all dispositions maxed out except cruel, but still had enough in that to get convos accusing him of it. Eder was like "You're alright although you're nasty" and the one guy from the RDC was talking to me as though I was a complete imbecile for having benevolent, lol.

• Like 1

nvAeseu.png

I see. So evil & manipulative is the way to go. Mind you, you can get them telling you they like you although you are an ass while being benevolent, since it takes next to nothing to max out dispositions. My last char had all dispositions maxed out except cruel, but still had enough in that to get convos accusing him of it. Eder was like "You're alright although you're nasty" and the one guy from the RDC was talking to me as though I was a complete imbecile for having benevolent, lol.

It's not perfect simply because you can max your relationship with certain companions by picking the "funny" lines. 

If you play it smart you can get away with a lot. If you're being confrontational and blunt things will be more complicated (but that's rather realistic if you think about it). 

You can also sacrifice a companion although the reward is not as good as the one from the first game (which carries over by the way). 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

That was swift justice without personal bias! :)

I wasn't aware mugging was a capital offense now.

Actually, the money was rightfully hers. He lost to her in cards then flipped out on her. Then he lied to you and everyone else about the whole matter.

I'm sure this would be fine to our OP if she was a man, though.

• Like 3

"I'm not a bad guy, I just murdered an innocent because she was female and not nice to me."

And a darn feminist to boot! She deserved to die for having her own opinions!

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Rather than immediately going “Waah! She’s a feminist”, if you read the text it can be implied that she thought she was superior due to the huana class system in her dialogue. (She is a warrior and the dude was a merchant. For Huana, Warrior>Merchant>Peasant Roparu bois)

• Like 1

Yeah, I thought she was a bit of a moron, but it seemed to mostly be class arrogance + dislike of foreigners. It's a nice quest, since they're both a bit thick.

• Like 4

Methinks you are wasting your spells in vain, comrades necromancers -- betcha our Nice Guy OP quit Deadfire as soon as he reached Neketaka and discovered all those women in positions of power.  :devil:

Edited by bugarup
  • Like 2

Yeah, I thought she was a bit of a moron, but it seemed to mostly be class arrogance + dislike of foreigners. It's a nice quest, since they're both a bit thick.

This is my interpretation as well. Both parties need to apologize, and my watcher needs to get paid. 

Magran's fire casts light in Dark Places...

Methinks you are wasting your spells in vain, comrades necromancers -- betcha our Nice Guy OP quit Deadfire as soon as he reached Neketaka and discovered all those women in positions of power.  :devil:

This reminded me of The Last Jedi poster made to mock the "remake":

https://twitter.com/theCantinaCast/status/1013997225251430400/video/1

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 1

sign.jpg