Post 1.0.2 Patch Beta FAQ

David Benefield

Question

Hello all,

Firstly I wanted to say thank you for all your help with the 1.0.2 Patch! We're very happy to have some of the biggest issues fixed (or at least improved) and out to all our players.

I figured there might be a few repeat questions that come up while waiting for the next Patch Beta, I'll try to answer a few of them below:

1. When is the next beta patch coming?
    It will be at least a week before we put any updates to the beta branch.
    Our team has been working on the next patch for quite a while. Some fixes/changes that required more testing were instead put into the next patch instead of the launch day patch or even 1.0.2. Since there are so many fixes, we really want our internal QA team to have some time to test the stability of the build before putting it on the Beta Branch.

2. What happens if I stay on the Beta Branch (on Steam or GOG)?
    For now, the beta branch is exactly the same as the default branch. When we have an update ready for the Beta branch, if you are still opted in, you will automatically get the update. Naturally, if you'd like to opt out for now, and then opt in again later you are welcome to do just that.

3. When are you fixing {Insert bug here}? Is it fixed in the next patch?
    We have a lot of fixes going into the next patch. Rather than try to answer the state of each one, we'll do our best to provide you all with an updated list of what's fixed in the next Beta Patch when it is available

Let me know if you have any other questions, I (or one of the other mods) might update this post if we see the same question coming up frequently.

Thanks again!

David

• Like 2

8 answers to this question

Hello David,

Do you know if you need to start a new game for leveling scaling to work (if you already had it on)?

Can you please confirm how level scaling works? Are creatures expected to match your level, or only scale up 1 or 2 levels from their base?

I have tried to modify the gamedata files to have monsters scale up more, but I guess it was being overridden by more monster specific behavior. (Their level did not change when entering a new area on the modded and unmodded saves.)

Please view https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/98843-level-scaling-difficulty-compilation-thread/page-7?do=findComment&comment=2026269 for details on how I tried to configure the modding.

Thank you and I appreciate your help.

~Matt

Hey Matt,

Sorry, I'm not up to date on the ins-and-outs of the Level Scaling system. I do know that it shouldn't require a new game to take effect, and that there is a limit to how far level scaling goes (Xaurips will not be a challenge after a certain level difference, and Dragons will not scale down to level 1 either).

Hello LadyError,

We are aware of the issue and it is being investigated, but we do not yet have a fix for it yet. Once we do have something, we will be getting that onto some form of the beta as quickly as possible.

I am sorry this fix is taking so long,

-David

David, do no apologize, this kind os things happens, the game is awesome, there could be some new stuffs and etc, but, you guys are working on it, that is something that some companies should do.

Good luck for you guys ^^

Just one thing, there'll be an PoE3? hehehe

Edited by renoturks
  • Like 1

Hello LadyError,

We are aware of the issue and it is being investigated, but we do not yet have a fix for it yet. Once we do have something, we will be getting that onto some form of the beta as quickly as possible.

I am sorry this fix is taking so long,

-David

David, do no apologize, this kind os things happens, the game is awesome, there could be some new stuffs and etc, but, you guys are working on it, that is something that some companies should do.

Good luck for you guys ^^

Just one thing, there'll be an PoE3? hehehe

Don't apologize? Dude, this is a game breaking bug that's preventing people from progressing. You HAVE to enter the digsite to move forward. Luckily, I was able to get around this once I upgraded my computer a bit, but the game's been out for a month now and it's still not fixed for a lot of people. That's ridiculous.

Thank you guys for working on it but for the sake of everyone who's still stuck on Maje Island, please try to fix it ASAP. I remember how frustrated I was the whole two weeks I wasn't even able to touch the game because of this. I can't imagine how bad it's gotten for the people who are still waiting (if they even care at this point).

• Like 1