A lot of things become unavailable at night. Shops close, quest NPCs go to bed, etc. What's the point of this? What purpose does it serve? Surely a game like this doesn't need to be that simulationist. That level of realism is not present in most aspects of Pillars of Eternity.

There's a few occasions where it has its place. When you need to find some thugs that only come out at night, I'm cool with that. But when shops close up, trading company doors lock etc. during the night, it goes a bit too far.

You can't rest in the city. You can't choose to wait x hours. What usually happens is you spend minutes to some place to turn in a quest, realize that it's closed for the night, and then spend twice that long running to the nearest tavern to rest and then return in the daytime. Nothing is accomplished by this. There's no roleplay, no meaningful atmosphere to be gained. It's just a pointless consumption of time.

Please don't disable shops and quest NPCs during times of day when there's no option to wait in place.

Edited by Arnegar

You can wait by pressing R unless I am missing something.  I have waited a lot.., if you cant sleep somewhere it does let you wait..someone correct me here if I am wrong.  They did it just for immersion.  Some people like it some do not.  I like it, I always found it odd and a bit immersion breaking that a vendor was a robot sitting there all day all the time.  Who walks into most shops and markets at 2AM?  That is just me though. :)  How simulationist a game needs to be is subjective my fellow forumite!

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 6

Have gun will travel.

I like it too, and if you want or need, you can wait... so...

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

Ok so I am not wrong.  Cause I know I have done it lol.  I am a RPer though so most times even in POE 1 after a long ruck (or voyage at sea for POE 2) I rest my group for the night when entering cities.  Nothing worse then patroling/convoying for long days and than taking contact from the enemy at the end :p its a a bad deal.   Although its not always your choice if I have one I rest!

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

A lot of things become unavailable at night. Shops close, quest NPCs go to bed, etc. What's the point of this? What purpose does it serve? Surely a game like this doesn't need to be that simulationist. That level of realism is not present in most aspects of Pillars of Eternity.

There's a few occasions where it has its place. When you need to find some thugs that only come out at night, I'm cool with that. But when shops close up, trading company doors lock etc. during the night, it goes a bit too far.

You can't rest in the city. You can't choose to wait x hours. What usually happens is you spend minutes to some place to turn in a quest, realize that it's closed for the night, and then spend twice that long running to the nearest tavern to rest and then return in the daytime. Nothing is accomplished by this. There's no roleplay, no meaningful atmosphere to be gained. It's just a pointless consumption of time.

Please don't disable shops and quest NPCs during times of day when there's no option to wait in place.

Really? I was wondering if this was broken in my game earlier today because I had plenty of vendors standing by their stalls at 3 in the morning. Does it only affect indoors vendors or something? I wish the streets were mostly empty at night as that would be more immersive. There seem to be plenty of people around the clock standing around. 

Edited by Multihog

Really? I was wondering if this was broken in my game earlier today because I had plenty of vendors standing by their stalls at 3 in the morning. Does it only affect indoors vendors or something? I wish the streets were mostly empty at night as that would be more immersive. There seem to be plenty of people around the clock standing around. 

Ya I also saw this.  Sometimes they have a cycle and sometimes they don't.  Maybe its up to the NPC? LOL

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

A number of abilities key off the day/night cycle. Like a shield with an enchantment to double its regen aura at night, or weapons that deal bonus Burn damage during the day, and bonus Freeze damage at night.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

Ah! I for one I'm happy...I love a system of day/night (Unlike BW who is still failing at that one Grr!) ..

Anyway , you can rest in a tavern . 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller