How The Game Begins Revealed In OXM Holiday Guide.

According to the mags preview you will start the game mysteriously unconscious and adrift aboard the badly battle damaged Ebon Hawk. A mining ship happens upon your drifting ship, and miners take you back to their colony for medical treatment. You awake in the infirmary to find everyone dead except for one character who will join your party and act as a guide. The details of just how you ended up on Revan's ship, who attacked you, and what became of Revan are among the many mysteries to be revealed as the epic story unfolds.

The preview also goes on to state that there will be 3 Sith Lords in the game which includes Darth Sion. Here is a list of the rest of the stuff revealed in the preview. You will be able to tell the game how you played KOTOR and that will effect which characters from the first game make cameos. You will have a two party system in some sections of the game that will require you to switch back and forth between parties to accomplish missions. There will be a hand to hand fighting system in the game similar to Kung Fu. :lol: There will be a total of 60 evironments to explore in the game which range from a Sith tomb to a star ship in space. There will be two new beasts introduced in the game which are the Cannock and Boma Beast. The game will offer 10,000 lines of spoken dialogue and 40 hours of gameplay. The games music will feature a full hour of origional music recorded by a full symphonic orchestra. Finally the game will be live aware and will have DLC exclusive to Xbox live.

Edit: The OXM holiday preview said there will be silver, blue, green, purple, red, orange, and yellow lightsaber colors all of which will have darker and lighter variations. I Personally think there are some other colors that Obsidian is keeping secret.

Sorry if this is old news to some of you. I did a search and couldn't find this info anywhere else on the boards.

Cheers!

According to the mags preview you will start the game mysteriously unconscious and adrift aboard the badly battle damaged Ebon Hawk. A mining ship happens upon your drifting ship, and miners take you back to their colony for medical treatment. You awake in the infirmary to find everyone dead except for one character who will join your party and act as a guide. The details of just how you ended up on Revan's ship, who attacked you, and what became of Revan are among the many mysteries to be revealed as the epic story unfolds.

B) I like, I like.

You will have a two party system in some sections of the game that will require you to switch back and forth between parties to accomplish missions.

Sweet! So you actually can control both parties! I always assumed it meant that your NPC's 'become unavailable' since their doing their own thing, and that you'll only be able to select them again at a later point in the game.

But this is way is definitely way cooler....you'll have to keep both parties balanced with a melee tank, master blaster & force user. *salivates at prospect*

There will be a hand to hand fighting system in the game similar to Kung Fu. :huh:

Good god man! Let's hope we won't have to beome freakin' Masters of Ter

manthing2.jpg

Kung Fu? That's new. And hopefully those 60 new locations will be big ones, since KotOR had almost 80 locations.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Is orange the colour for slightly evil Sentinals?.

Come to think do the prestige jedi classes have colours asociate with them like the regular classes?

Weapon Master = purple

Watchman = light blue

Master = light green

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Kung Fu? That's new. And hopefully those 60 new locations will be big ones, since KotOR had almost 80 locations.

It's 40 hours which is longer than KOTOR so I can only assume the areas are larger. What I'm more interested in is how the hell they're going to include Kung Fu in it. Sounds interesting.

Masters of the Teras Kasi!

Finally the game will be live aware and will have DLC exclusive to Xbox live.

I don't want to start a flame war or anything but :huh:;):):lol::lol::lol:

If its true then its only fair that the XBox users should get first crack at the DLs this time around since all you PC users got it first last time.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

KotOR came out on the Xbox six months before the PC.

Who got first crack again?

post-1139-1093540477.gif Amen.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Get in. :lol::):):):):)

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Get in where??? post-1139-1093541316.gif

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Get in where??? post-1139-1093541316.gif

In there. <_< :ph34r:

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Argh!  :angry:  DLC for Xbox b4 pc! that's not good.........  :o

and why not?

Anyone with a PC got the DLC first last time and the Xbox users had to wait for it to finally be released for us to use, But I didn't see anywhere in the first post where it is stated that there wont be DLC for PC as well when the game is released it just said that there would be XBox exclusive DLC.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png