Hopefully a simple one:

Wanna play a Herald, primarly as a damage dealer, but I guess the beast can do anything. But yes dps.

What attribute spread are we looking at?

How are 2 handed weapons in terms of damage against dual wield?

And what are the better level 1 Innovations?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I finished game as Herald on PotD solo. Few thing to consider:

I spread my stats (can't check now but general idea): Might 18, Dex 12, Perc 18, Con 6, INT 19, Res 6. 

Res and con low cause I had so much healing and defenses (and combined Ancient Memory with Her Courage think as steel when needed). I didn't need them high. High Might because healing, high Perc because Accuracy and high INT to make buffs/heals/linger last longer.

Dual Weapons beat 2 handed in DPS hands down, no contest here. They are not weak, but dual is just better. But you can go 2-handed weapons no problem, especially 2h swords are good and you can get one early with Endless Path blade fragments and yenwood framents.

If you play solo I recommend taking Kindwayfarer for heal (also heals your summons), if with party- Shield bearer for that unkillable (with 21 INT and high level it last more than 10 sec I think) or Gold Pack for that lovely combo of Sworm Enemy (return zeal cost upon marked enemy death) with Gilded Emnity, which gives +4 armor and you can spam it for free per every killed marked enemy.

In first chanter levels I suggest investing in skeletons and later in their upgrade if you will use them often.

From chants take Soft Wind, Ancient Memory and combine them with Troubadour subclass you have linger AOE healing (+ Paladin Endurance Aura later).

Since you have no AOE damage, but very good single target burst with Sworn Enemy->FoD I recommend grabbing White Worms invocation for that AOE damage since you can use it on smame corpse and it's quite easy to make that corpse fast with Paladin.

As for invocations I would suggest for this multiclass:

Level 1 - Skeletons + Soft Wind and Dull Edge for fights when you know there is a lot of blades and rangers (all human/pirates fights usually).

Level 2 - White Worms and/or Paralyze

Level 3- Nothing really (if solo upgrade to Skeletons is great), just Ancient Memory Chant
Level 4- Mith Fyr is decent and the bridgeman slew is great (with high INT it lasts super long)

Level 5- Her Courage is great

Level 6- Old Siec is good but you have so much healing is not really needed. Singt is not bad too

Level 7- MUST HAVE - Set Their Purpouse and Mercy and Kindness.

Edited by Voltron

@Voltron this is sweet info mate, thanks for taking the time to write this up - I have a couple more questions If you'd humour me.

What are your thoughts on Thrice Was She Wronged? Is this a bad invocation?

I plan on running with a party on my first real playthrough, so don't need to be thinking of solo options, so I wanna maxamize my effectiveness knowing I have party memebers to back me up should things get hairy.

I thought Kind Wayfarer was the way to go here, but I'm thinking, Goldpact Knight now maybe, seems sexy.

Edited by SamOftheUels

@Voltron this is sweet info mate, thanks for taking the time to write this up - I have a couple more questions If you'd humour me.

What are your thoughts on Thrice Was She Wronged? Is this a bad invocation?

I plan on running with a party on my first real playthrough, so don't need to be thinking of solo options, so I wanna maxamize my effectiveness knowing I have party memebers to back me up should things get hairy.

I thought Kind Wayfarer was the way to go here, but I'm thinking, Goldpact Knight now maybe, seems sexy.

Hey, Thrice is bad, it deals bad damage and offers nothing. If you really want to grab damage invo on 1st level instead of skeletons I would take The Thunder instead as it at least can stun enemies and displace them.

Kind Wayfarer + Troubadour is just AOE healing machine. Gold Pack is very good for solo surviv as it gives that +4 Armor which is huge in POE2 mechanic. With Party you can't go wrong with either. Both will make you extreme tanky with Kind Wayfarer also healing your whole front line.

Hi, I finished game as Herald on PotD solo. Few thing to consider:

I spread my stats (can't check now but general idea): Might 18, Dex 12, Perc 18, Con 6, INT 19, Res 6. 

Res and con low cause I had so much healing and defenses (and combined Ancient Memory with Her Courage think as steel when needed). I didn't need them high. High Might because healing, high Perc because Accuracy and high INT to make buffs/heals/linger last longer.

Dual Weapons beat 2 handed in DPS hands down, no contest here. They are not weak, but dual is just better. But you can go 2-handed weapons no problem, especially 2h swords are good and you can get one early with Endless Path blade fragments and yenwood framents.

If you play solo I recommend taking Kindwayfarer for heal (also heals your summons), if with party- Shield bearer for that unkillable (with 21 INT and high level it last more than 10 sec I think) or Gold Pack for that lovely combo of Sworm Enemy (return zeal cost upon marked enemy death) with Gilded Emnity, which gives +4 armor and you can spam it for free per every killed marked enemy.

In first chanter levels I suggest investing in skeletons and later in their upgrade if you will use them often.

From chants take Soft Wind, Ancient Memory and combine them with Troubadour subclass you have linger AOE healing (+ Paladin Endurance Aura later).

Since you have no AOE damage, but very good single target burst with Sworn Enemy->FoD I recommend grabbing White Worms invocation for that AOE damage since you can use it on smame corpse and it's quite easy to make that corpse fast with Paladin.

As for invocations I would suggest for this multiclass:

Level 1 - Skeletons + Soft Wind and Dull Edge for fights when you know there is a lot of blades and rangers (all human/pirates fights usually).

Level 2 - White Worms and/or Paralyze

Level 3- Nothing really (if solo upgrade to Skeletons is great), just Ancient Memory Chant

Level 4- Mith Fyr is decent and the bridgeman slew is great (with high INT it lasts super long)

Level 5- Her Courage is great

Level 6- Old Siec is good but you have so much healing is not really needed. Singt is not bad too

Level 7- MUST HAVE - Set Their Purpouse and Mercy and Kindness.

Hey man, great stuff!

I was looking for options to make Berath-like-follower i.e. rejuvenation and decay (as he represents the cycle of life and death). Heals that Herald gets + worms that writhe, skeletons etc fit nicely with the theme too :)