Fullscreen / Gsync 1.0.2

rednone

Question

So i have gsync set at fullscreen only mode, which is worked fine in release version, but since beta branches and in 1.0.2 it doesn't work. Changing gsync to fullscreen and windowed mode locks fps at 30, so it's not an option. Im guessing that game now treats fullscreen option in game settings as borderless fullscreen instead of exclusive?

9 answers to this question

Same problem.I made a thread 2 days ago but got no response https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/99377-beta-patch-causes-screen-tearing/#entry2021349  

I also have g-sync bdw and tried changing g-sync settings like you did.I also tried forcing v-sync ingame/nvidia settings but still nothing,Fullscreen/windows is a no go too.

Game feels jittery with a touch of screen tearing at moment.feel a bit better knowing I'm not alone on this when my thread got 0 responses.

Edited by Wiseude

Did you happen to install new NVidia Deadfire drivers at some point? They broke G-Sync for both POE1 and Deadfire for me. Going back to 397.31 fixed G-Sync for both games, regardless of beta patch.

Did you happen to install new NVidia Deadfire drivers at some point? They broke G-Sync for both POE1 and Deadfire for me. Going back to 397.31 fixed G-Sync for both games, regardless of beta patch.

In my case I havent installed any Nvidia drivers because they pretty much all suck and I'm on a stable one from like 5 months ago (this problem wasn't present before the patch bdw.but it was present in the beta patches,Didn't think the problem would transfer to main game when it was actually out,thought it was some sort of beta patch fluke)

Edited by Wiseude

Unfortunately, rolling back to previous drivers didn't help, also geforce experience overlay stopped working along with the beta/1.0.2 patch. I don't have fps problems in general or stuttering without gsync, though im pretty sure the patches broke it somehow.

Unfortunately, rolling back to previous drivers didn't help, also geforce experience overlay stopped working along with the beta/1.0.2 patch. I don't have fps problems in general or stuttering without gsync, though im pretty sure the patches broke it somehow.

Yea no stutter here either... just horrible screentearing,jitter around objects (no smoothness) I also tried to use MSI afterburner and it doesn't even show up now xD wtf have they done.(Tried MSI afterburner 2 days ago and it was ok.)

Hope they don't just ignore us.... I'm gonna try re-installing the game just incase.

Edited by Wiseude

I've found that g-sync does not work properly, either. I feel like it worked a few days ago, but I'm patched now so that may be it.

Using latest Geforce drivers and clean install

Scenario 1:

NVCPL: G-sync on for fullscreen, v-sync forced ON in 3D settings, g-sync indicator enabled

POE2: Fullscreen

Result: FPS exceeds refresh rate (144) and G-sync not enabled

Scenario 2:

NVCPL: G-sync on for fullscreen and windowed mode v-sync forced ON in 3D settings, g-sync indicator enabled

POE2: Fullscreen, Windowed

Result: FPS syncs with refresh rate (144) and G-sync enabled

Either POE2 fullscreen is not exclusive, or something changed.

I've found that g-sync does not work properly, either. I feel like it worked a few days ago, but I'm patched now so that may be it.

Scenario 1:

NVCPL: G-sync on for fullscreen, v-sync forced ON in 3D settings, g-sync indicator enabled

Scenario 2:

NVCPL: G-sync on for fullscreen and windowed mode v-sync forced ON in 3D settings, g-sync indicator enabled

"-window-mode exclusive"

put this in your launch options.it fixed it for me.

Edited by Wiseude

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:

"-window-mode exclusive"

put this in your launch options.it fixed it for me.

Yes, that worked out great. Thanks.