Hello fellow Watchers!

It's been a little over a week since we released Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire and we have received tons of amazing feedback and bug reports.  Thanks to all of your support we have been able to find many bugs hidden around the Deadfire and get to fixing them.  Below is the list of fixes coming in for the now released 1.0.2 patch.

Major Fixes

• [Mac/OSX] Resolved issue with loading into a black screen on Macs with Intel Integrated Graphics Cards.
  • Mouse clicks now properly resister for users using the Korean IME in windows.
  • Player Dispositions should change less drastically for small decisions.
  • Level Scaling now enables correctly when toggled on.
  • Players can now set or save cloned AI behaviors for all classes, and quick saves will not be lost when doing so.
  • Fixed multiple Pillars I imports that were importing the incorrect state.
  • Fixed a permissions issue that was blocking some players from loading saves.
  • Fixed a combat related memory leak (should improve some FPS on long play sessions).
  • Potential Spoilers:
    • Players are now able to subdue Scyorielaphas even if all the wards are destroyed.
    • Crew members on Story difficulty can now be killed if they mutiny.
    • Players who are hostile to the pirates of Fort Deadlight will find the door to the Court open to prevent the NPCs keeping them in combat without being able to be engaged.

Companions/Crew

• Eder's end game state from Pillars I has been fixed.
  • Potential Spoilers:
    • Watchers who took the baby orlan in Pillars I will now see her in Vilario's Rest.

Audio

• Various VO fixes to the Vox Machina voice sets.

Miscellaneous

• Custom AI settings should now save changes when adding new conditionals or abilities.
  • Gold, Greed, and Guts achievement now unlocks when loading a save that has completed the quest.
  • Pillars I history creator now removes options from the list once a choice has been made to prevent confusion.
  • Various Credit fixes.
  • Like 47

So... I can finally play my PoE 1 character without having all of the choices made - borked?

How nice.

There were - as far as I can tell - two bugged choices. Two. I distinctly recall having made more choices than that.

Edited by Alot

The Sharmat on Sensuki:

"It is not Baldur's Gate 3 he yearns to play. It is the experience of playing Baldur's Gate for the first time."

I assume the Blade of the Endless Paths' import bug is still in, right?

Not super bothering as I can use the console to cheat the fragments in; just checking.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Thanks for using spoiler tags in the patch notes for the spoilery stuff. Please keep doing that! :) Very much appreciated :)

• Like 11

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

• Fixed a permissions issue that was blocking some players from loading saves.

If this fixes users not being able to save and then exit and then load that save then its not fixed (at least for me) I just made a new character played until the captains cabin saved, exited game, came back and it still only says start new game......I really hope this gets fixed soon...

Nice. Also, I wonder how many of the crashes reported were connected to the memory leak because I had one after a long period of play, but it didn’t happen after restarting.

On the making your own legacy, I thought maybe it would have a check by it when you’ve set it rather than disappearing since maybe you’d decide to go back and change something.

What you really have to fix:

# Healing the ship-crew, so that it works or just implent a fee, so you can heal them immediately.

# The mutiny event is way too rare. I sail around with no food, no water, wounded crew and the event does not happen. For many sailing days, no event occured anymore.

What you really have to fix:

# Healing the ship-crew, so that it works or just implent a fee, so you can heal them immediately.

# The mutiny event is way too rare. I sail around with no food, no water, wounded crew and the event does not happen. For many sailing days, no event occured anymore.

Crew healing works for me. Have you dragged the injured crew members to the rest area?

• Like 1

Guest Jamila

Oh, level scaling, good. Except that GOG has again broken installer, just 7GB instead of 20GB, which is even less than 14GB out of 20GB on the launch day. At this rate we they will be in negative numbers and actually start sucking data out of users's computers when 1.0.4 is released.

Will the Level Scaling fix work for games in progress? Or only new games?

I dont know, i started the game did one ship combat and the enemies had only level 10. I saw it in combat log. Reflex bonus on hitting for level was +30, thats 3*10. And i am level 17. My characters got level bonus 51. So it doesn't look like its working.

• Like 2

For me, the most annoying bugs are:

- Watcher respec removes watcher abilities and trainer bonus

- That sanity-threatening crate/gun/impact/whatever sound randomly playing (left ear on the stereo) that seems somehow weirdly tied to Tekehu's weapon sets and idle animations. Am I the only one hearing it ?

I also noticed the performance drops on long sessions but I thought it was my computer heating up. Glad to know I won't have to restart the game every couple of hours.

Edited by Myrtillo

Oh, level scaling, good. Except that GOG has again broken installer, just 7GB instead of 20GB, which is even less than 14GB out of 20GB on the launch day. At this rate we they will be in negative numbers and actually start sucking data out of users's computers when 1.0.4 is released.

Wow. Did they seriously manage to **** their pants - again? Would be nice with an actual patch too, instead of needing to download the whole thing again. Ugh!