What is the normal procedure of The Cornett's Call

I'm in latest public beta patch (1.0.2.0089(1153))

I went to old city by the cage, got the cornett of depths and kill the big worm, went back to  through undercroft and killed everyone there because they instantly went hostile.

Then Dereo found me and told me to find another cornett, I told him something like "Ateira attacked me" that I have no idea what I'm talking about. And after I said  "Do you want to know...the hidden temple of Ondra that it opened" , the quest is completed and I receive the kitchen stove. But in this time, I didn't even set foot in Serpent's Crown let alone getting the cornett of waves.

I believe this quest shouldn't go like that, so can someone tell me the normal walkthrough of this quest please?

wooooooo

I have no idea how you end up with everyone hostile down there . 

Anyway , 

Hum when Dereo give you the quest . You supposed to go to the 'Snake' area (where the palace is) . Find this house , where a guy has the cornett (at least one) . You can convince him and such and he hand it over . 

After that , I went down to the old city . Killed stuff , got sick and found the 2nd cornette . Once you kill the worm , the 2 cornett will open a room with loot . 

Pretty much what Dereo wanted was the murale information and to keep the cornett for sentimental reasons (cose he can't swim!) *ahem* . 

The way out is trough the undercroft . For some reason you can sneak trough and if you are caugh , just go talk to the leader . She gave me a quest that I never felt like doing and up to the surface you can go without much blood spilled . 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

grab a quest from Aeldys (You get a missive frm her sometime after you kill Benwett) or Dereo first. If you do that, you will be able to get to Undercroft without hostiling the enemies as they work for Aeldys.

Don't forget to grab Huana quest from the prince as well as Delver's Row and Undercroft is linked to Takehu and Huanu. You will miss a lot of stuff for not doing the quests in Takehaka without all 4 faction-based companion present. Accept everything until you can't accept anything, then do the quests. Kind of a harsh requirement if you're on the 1st playthrough.

Edited by Zeitzbach

Yeah, that quest is kind of bugged in that when you pick up the Cornett of the Depths, Dereo thinks you have the Cornett of Waves and the quest progresses as if you do. That Ateira or whomever attacking you is supposed to happen when you first get the Waves from the rich guy in Serpent's Crown. She doesn't seem to appear if you have the Depths and then get the Waves, but you can still tell Dereo she attacked you.

• Like 1

So it seems if you pick up Cornett of the Depths first, then the whole quest, even the whole old city area is bugged

The area isn't buggy, Mad Morena's gang will attack you if you haven't got a reason to be there, you need to get quest from either Aldys, Dereo or Enoi (a Roparu in the Gullet) so they don't attack you.

• Like 2

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

So it seems if you pick up Cornett of the Depths first, then the whole quest, even the whole old city area is bugged

The area isn't buggy, Mad Morena's gang will attack you if you haven't got a reason to be there, you need to get quest from either Aldys, Dereo or Enoi (a Roparu in the Gullet) so they don't attack you.

Ah...

Thats why I never got attacked . I always do the pirate first , so I got that quest when I went down there . 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I also killed everyone down there cos I picked the lock of a cage with bears in, and they ran out and then everyone was red xD

Did you get seen picking the lock? I opened it whilst stealthed, killed the boars (with help from Mad Morena's gang) and no one became hostile.

• Like 1

I also killed everyone down there cos I picked the lock of a cage with bears in, and they ran out and then everyone was red xD

Did you get seen picking the lock? I opened it whilst stealthed, killed the boars (with help from Mad Morena's gang) and no one became hostile.

I didn't think so, but I may be wrong xD

nvAeseu.png