Duskfall, the SICK longsword you get for killing the head of the Valeras household. Add +20% Crit damage and wield with Rogue Assassin or Streetfighter.

Correction, you don't need to kill anyone. If you make peace between both families you get Duskfall from one familty, and unique mace from other one.

Violence usually gets least rewards :D

Duskfall, the SICK longsword you get for killing the head of the Valeras household. Add +20% Crit damage and wield with Rogue Assassin or Streetfighter.

Correction, you don't need to kill anyone. If you make peace between both families you get Duskfall from one familty, and unique mace from other one.

Violence usually gets least rewards :D

Hahaha thanks for the clarification. It was in my Swashbuckler's nature to play the merc for hire :p

Street Fighter/Blunderbuss modal has been mentioned. 

Bloody Links works really good with Street Fighter because of increased deflection when bloodied, and can be upgraded to also increase AR when bloodied i do believe. 

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/The_Bloody_Links

Death's Maw increases DR when you are near an enemy corpse.  Both pump up defenses in a mid-late encounter, and if you are bloodied then that is a good thing. 

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Death%27s_Maw

Both are pretty cheap, and they can be gotten early off of vendors.

If you are a Fire Godlike you can be pretty stable at the bloodied state.  Humans will hit harder, and more accurately when bloodied. 

Still looking for good SF weapons.  I don't see any Hadoukens in the game files though.  :p

Okay here's a new one.

Playing as a single class Nalpazca Monk on solo POTD.

So, you know, i'm totally a melee guy.

That is, until you find the Boltcatchers (drop from Steel Preacher) and the Mantle of Seven Bolts (some merchant in Neketaka, don't remember which) .

So what you do is, you equip your Monk with the gloves, the cloak, and the Gaun's Pledge ring for good measure.

Now, every single time you summon your clones with Dichotomous Soul, you get :

- 2 casts of Storm of Seven Bolts

- 4 casts of Crackling Bolt

- 4 casts of healing from Gaun's Pledge

Admittedly you're not gonna land 500 damage nukes like an Assassin/Evoker (although a good Storm will give you 250+ damage), but you're a Monk, you still get to destroy things with your fists.

Below is a screenshot of the AOE for the Storm :)

TZSQoRL.jpg

• Like 3

Okay here's a new one.

That is, until you find the Boltcatchers (drop from Steel Preacher) and the Mantle of Seven Bolts (some merchant in Neketaka, don't remember which) .

So what you do is, you equip your Monk with the gloves, the cloak, and the Gaun's Pledge ring for good measure.

Admittedly you're not gonna land 500 damage nukes like an Assassin/Evoker (although a good Storm will give you 250+ damage), but you're a Monk, you still get to destroy things with your fists.

TZSQoRL.jpg

Lol, so this is basically PoE 2 version of Image Project from Baldur's Gate :) 

So I assume you can abuse all per rest items or all consume items like necklace of fireball.

Okay here's a new one.

TZSQoRL.jpg

Lol, so this is basically PoE 2 version of Image Project from Baldur's Gate :)

So I assume you can abuse all per rest items or all consume items like necklace of fireball.

You can.

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

The stackable lash of both Grave Calling (up to 60% damage as frost) and Hel's Beckoning (up to 60% damage as acid) applies to all damage dealt (like Turning Wheel), making them a formidable (or more precisely overpowered)  weapon-choice for melees, casters and caster/ melee hybrids alike. Same is true for the lash from Deltro's Cage Helm (basically ∞ shock damage). Furthermore, you can switch to other weapons or into spiritshift forms without loosing the lash. The duration of the buffs is pretty long, especially for monks (INT buff). Fighter are the best candidates for stacking the buffs up in no time.

Pretty broken stuff.

Edited by L4wlight
  • Like 1

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

Upon hitting level 15 I was practically immortal. Beyond level 15 you're a walking god.

Kraken and magma dragon went down without breaking a sweat.

Concelhaut, aka the slow molasses, fired a grand total of zero spells before I mopped the floor with him and his minions.

Pity Arkemyr is not a set piece...

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

From my experience game is fine on PotD till like 10 level. You can even go and have nice and long fights with 3x Skull enemies around.

From like lvl 12-15 you start to basicely cut through enemies and from lvl 15-19 you are walking god.

I think PotD suffers from enemies with broken scalling, weak enemy weapons and from Player damage getting too big jump from gear.

Just think if my Legendary weapon gives me +60% dmg, +4 Penetration, +16 Accuracy + My gear gives me 0 Recovery, god Armor etc etc.

And you take enemy 2 levels higher than me who wears simple brigadinne + basic sabre. Well.......

I am aslo talking not about some super OP build- just simple fighter with two sabers on Level 15. I don't even use anything apart from Vig.Def + Disc. Strikes and Charge. Enemies hit me for like 4-8 dmg and I am wearing medium Armor (Devil's).

Imo it's gear which gives too much power. Imo Superb and Legendary weapons break game. I even nerfed mine to Exceptional using mod....

Edited by Voltron

One simple thing, it is very easy to stack deflection in deadfire. I manage to stack over 210 deflection as Herald or Crusader

Key equipment, the adra large shield that gives deflecfion based on athletics, that’s +37 def, one armor gives 20 def, a ring gives up to 15 def, parry bracers +7 def, faith conviction +21 def, and etc..

Most fun ive had is creating a weapon summon melee wizard. Any summon weapon with universalist in tagline modifies all equipment to affect the target weapon. Ie hawkeye from blade hood affects melee hits granting 15% hit to crit to all priest weps with the highest 50% lashes ingame. Berath priest with fighter (pally bleakwalker isnt possible, wish it was it would be insanely fun). Summoned weps have the best possible itemization of any weapon ingame. And people thought they were weak.

Not tried yet but should work druid firebrand with fire accuracy +10 ring. And shootist hood +5 accuracy and possibly 20% speed

Edit: shootist adds +5 accuracy to summoned weapons, -% reload doesnt apply unless a reload is present

This might make a weapon summoning gish wizard pretty nasty with the right items if it dosen't turn out to be a bug and get patched out. Too bad the lvl 9 summon weapons don't seem to be tagged as universal, though.

The pet dog that gives allies health when enemy killed. 

For solo nuker with high MIG with limited heals, or party with limited heals, this works so well that health potions are rarely needed. For example, Evoker with 20ish MIG heals for about 20 per kill around level 13. Even kept Athletics 0 to put points elsewhere. To drink potion takes time so it's better to do damage. 

The pet dog that gives allies health when enemy killed. 

For solo nuker with high MIG with limited heals, or party with limited heals, this works so well that health potions are rarely needed. For example, Evoker with 20ish MIG heals for about 20 per kill around level 13. Even kept Athletics 0 to put points elsewhere. To drink potion takes time so it's better to do damage. 

I have a cat (Prissy) that gives 15% more healing plus health on kill. Superb on melee front liner on for solo game.

I am glad they made pets so useful in this game. It's a joy to collect them now.

Just downloaded this difficulty mod and will test if it will change PotD for solo a lot: https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/24?tab=files

Ok so got that Difficulty mode and went on southeast corner of map to kill Fampyr and her minions on Level 16, fully geared up on War Caller (Devoted/Troubadour) and though I won, I had to use summons 4 times, both of my Second Winds, all my Warrior resources, and I died on first try :D. It was rough. I had to switch between Brisk and Normal invocations to be able to get Phrases fast enough for summons or paralyze and I had to keep both healing chants up all the time or I would be dead.

So I definitely can say that this mod at least made things little more interesting as it was my first really though fight since level 11.

Edited by Voltron
  • Like 1

So I searched this thread, and I'm not sure why what I had in mind hasn't been mentioned already. Maybe because it's too simple and basic to be worth mentioning?

Anyway, the hat you get at the very beginning of the game, the Defiant Apparel. It gives Resistance to Perception Afflictions, ekera? Now, put that on a character who uses Blunderbusses. It eliminates the Distracted effect from Powder Burns with each and every shot, meaning there's now no reason for your character not to use the modal. Good for non-Streetfighter builds, I say.

• Like 2

Two firearms sold by Uto are incredible for casters and probably some other classes.

Dragon's Dowry

Buff: 1 per Encounter: +75% Action speed for 30 seconds. This +75% Action speed applies to all actions, not just shooting but also casting, swinging weapons after switching and so on.

I gave to Aloth, he starts fight with casting this buff and then casts his spells almost twice fast.

Scordeo's Trophy

Stacking -15% Recovery time per hit. Also applies to all actions - casting, using items and so on.

I use it for my Chanter - shoot between chants to reduce recovery times. Some offensive chants have 0.5s cast time and around 4s recovery, so when recovery reduction stacked several times Chanter can use such chants really fast.

• Like 1

Two firearms sold by Uto are incredible for casters and probably some other classes.

Dragon's Dowry

Buff: 1 per Encounter: +75% Action speed for 30 seconds. This +75% Action speed applies to all actions, not just shooting but also casting, swinging weapons after switching and so on.

I gave to Aloth, he starts fight with casting this buff and then casts his spells almost twice fast.

Shiiit. RIP my Chromoprismatic Quarterstaff Wizard. Since Wizards don't get action speed from their own spells anymore, this seems completely insane.

Okay here's a new one.

lmao this item works on them too , https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Dragon_Pendant

And each of them can use it. Meaning 2 big dragons and 4 small ones. 

Dragon's Dowry

Lol! I have it and never though of that! Gonna make my War Caller faster :D

On my 20 Int War Caller it's 45 seconds :D OMG.

Edited by Voltron

The Dragon's Dowry speed buff is only -43% ("only") on my Aloth after dex and rapid casting, but it applies for both cast speed and recovery time. Switching weapons is annoying, but... it's super insane.