So, what's a game changing weapon/item and ability synergy you've found so far, in the game ?

Here are 2 of mine, which made the game considerably easier :

1/

Weapon : The frozen sabre from the Crookspur merchant, enchanted to cast Chill Fog on vessel kill

Ability : Mob Stance or barbarian recovery on kill (or both !)

Result : Clean up skeletons, darguls and even fampyrs with ease

2/

Weapon : That absolutely OP frozen bow which bounces to another target and procs an AOE freeze damage on crit

Ability : Ranger shot that pierces to another target + Cipher

Result : Massive focus gain every shot

• Like 2

That frozen hatchet, I had Spellblade Aloth perma paralyze enemies with it.

Unbroken/streetfighter disengage + the amulet that has Ryngrim proc and do aoe terrify every couple of sec around chartacter

• Like 1

For those who like blunderbuss:

The malus from the blunderbuss modal ability gets you distracted, which gets you flanked. Flanked triggers the Streetfighter passive, giving -50% recovery and +50% damage on sneak attack

Also, Fire in the Hole and Hand Canon (the two blunderbusses that do aoe instead of pellets) can apply the effects of full attacks/primary attacks to all the tagets in the aoe, which can change the balance of some abilities.

As an exemple, Corroding Strike seems a lot more potent if 4-5 ennemies are affected by the Weakened affliction and the corrosive dot.

• Like 3

Subbing.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Also, Fire in the Hole and Hand Canon (the two blunderbusses that do aoe instead of pellets) can apply the effects of full attacks/primary attacks to all the tagets in the aoe, which can change the balance of some abilities.

As an exemple, Corroding Strike seems a lot more potent if 4-5 ennemies are affected by the Weakened affliction and the corrosive dot.

Rogues Paralyzing Sap adds confusion, Fun stuff, when you are doing interesting attack group tricks

The bow mentioned by Urocyn, is Saint Omaku's Mercy.  It does 10 HP healing for allies on Kill (Increases with Religion)  but who cares.  More importantly it has an aura that is +30% Action Speed (Increases as Health is Lost) 10 m Aura *Although I'm not certain its working properly, judging by Tooltip info on inspection*.  Good Enchantment.  Can also Enchant for no Recovery on Crit.  

Baby Boar (Pet) and Melee Weapons, great combo...  Boar gives 'Melee weapons Interrupt', and +10% Slash Damage)

• Like 1

My main (Witch) is now equipped with Pale Hide, Helmet of the Falcon, and WoteP with Blade Form enchantment (the one with the stacking speed bonus). With Frenzy and Bloodlust, this results in a recovery time of just 2s, which is rather good for a two handed weapon. Can't wait for Blood Thirst though :dancing:

Edited by M4xw0lf

My main (Witch) is now equipped with Pale Hide, Helmet of the Falcon, and WoteP with Blade Form enchantment (the one with the stacking speed bonus). With Frenzy and Bloodlust, this results in a recovery time of just 2s, which is rather good for a two handed weapon. Can't wait for Blood Thirst though :dancing:

You can reach similar results with a Brawler using Armored Grace and Lightning Strikes/Swift Flurry (with or without a pet that decreases armor recovery.) I'm using DoC's breastplate, by the way. It's a really good setup :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Can't wait for Blood Thirst though :dancing:

Not sure if you know but the description of Blood Thirst is a lie: the zero recovery only applies to a single attack. Not that that makes it bad per se, but it's not as awesome as the description makes it sound.

Yeah I heard, and it's made me sad. But if it did what we all understood it says it would be completely broken ^^

Still, for a guy dishing out damage left and right, and front... and back, like a Berserker/Soulblade, zero recovery on kill is going to trigger often enough.

I’m thinking of scordeo’s edge on a shadowdancer with swift flurry and heartbeat drumming. Use confounding blind to give yourself an effective +4 (?) accuracy per attack, leading to a positive feedback loop where you start to crit an enemy more and faster until it’s dead. With the huge volume of attacks you’re throwing out, you should be able to keep up the zero recovery time buff from the saber a fair amount.

Rogues Paralyzing Sap adds confusion, Fun stuff, when you are doing interesting attack group tricks

That was my initial plan but sap is melee only.

One that I think is amusing and will probably be tried out on my first solo run is 

Item:  Nomad's Brigandine
Class:  Rogue (Maybe Trickster, maybe Streetfighter/Wizard or Streetfighter/Paladin, whatever floats your boat for big defenses)
Ability:  Riposte

Stack as much deflection as you can (E.g. the passives / items that give bonus defense against engagement attacks). 

Nomad's lets you reflect when struck by disengage attacks (and reduces their damage by 60%), Riposte lets you full attack on disengagement misses.  Just run around letting everyone take free disengage swings at you during your auto recoveries to get free hits.  

It's probably not super OP but it strikes me as an amusing build nonetheless.  

Edited by jakesmurf

Class: Rogue/Ranger

Gear: Eccea's Arcane Blaster pistol, Blackblade's Hood (+2 per +15 hit to crit), Bone Setter's Torc (+10 hit to crit)

Main abilities: Driving Flight, Deathblows, Dirty Fighting, Uncanny Luck

Result of a good crit: Result

One that I think is amusing and will probably be tried out on my first solo run is

Item: Nomad's Brigandine

Class: Rogue (Maybe Trickster, maybe Streetfighter/Wizard or Streetfighter/Paladin, whatever floats your boat for big defenses)

Ability: Riposte

Stack as much deflection as you can (E.g. the passives / items that give bonus defense against engagement attacks).

Nomad's lets you reflect when struck by disengage attacks (and reduces their damage by 60%), Riposte lets you full attack on disengagement misses. Just run around letting everyone take free disengage swings at you during your auto recoveries to get free hits.

It's probably not super OP but it strikes me as an amusing build nonetheless.

I’m trying this build, but the problem is if you are engaged with an enemy, and u try to disengage, the enemy will chase u and it doesn’t break engagement. I wanna trigger disengagement attack but cannot, super annoying bug.

I’m trying this build, but the problem is if you are engaged with an enemy, and u try to disengage, the enemy will chase u and it doesn’t break engagement. I wanna trigger disengagement attack but cannot, super annoying bug.

Maybe you can stack Stride? Since passives stack and all, maybe Boots of Speed and Walking Cloak. There's also a belt for it. I got Eder wearing those and he also has Fast Runner feat thing. If he wants to leave the fight, he leaves the fight :D

Edited by Teacher

I did stack stride, didn’t work.

You can test it 1 on 1, I’m 100% sure.

It only works when an enemy is standing still, let’s say u move when an enemy is during an attack animation. But when he’s not, he will chase u and it never proc a disengagement attack.

Edited by dunehunter

It only works when an enemy is standing still, let’s say u move when an enemy is during an attack animation. But when he’s not, he will chase u and it never proc a disengagement attack.

This is pretty much what happened. This. That.

This is pretty much what happened. This. That.

Edit: Sorry forgot, it only triggers a disengagement from enemy when he's lifting his weapon not when he's just chasing.

Edit2: and this somehow became a double post... my bad :(

Edited by Teacher

This is on a pure Barbarian ; imagine with Mob Stance from Fighter ;)

Can be enchanted to cast Ghost Blades on kill.

kzMaQVn.jpg

So, how can you use this estoc? For me it's in the miscellaneous section of the inventory, saying something like "try as you might, the blade won't come out of the scabbard"

kzMaQVn.jpg

So, how can you use this estoc? For me it's in the miscellaneous section of the inventory, saying something like "try as you might, the blade won't come out of the scabbard"

Barbarian using Barbaric blow +upgrade one shotting enemies proccing Ghost Blades each time?

kzMaQVn.jpg

you have to follow the principi questline. Without spoiling, near the end you will get the sword.