So what exactly did Remaro do?

Remaro discovered that the Sorceror has actually been used to help in dealing with Slavery all along, which is something Serafen is disgusted with which is why he's keeping it a secret as he runs away and leave the whole principi life behind.

• Like 2

I'm on this "Sorceror and a Gentleman" quest right now.  It says to search Fort Deadlight for info on Remaro's current whereabouts.  And I swear that I searched high and low in that fort, talked to everyone, and not a thing.   What did I miss?

I think you also have to ask Syri about it first, with Serafen present? She is in the Court close to the entrance.

• Like 1
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

This quest needed other ways to progress the conversation with Serafen’s friend.

I played this quest very early, was nowhere near the insight check iirc, so after chasing this guy across half the deadfire the conversation at the end amounted to something like:

“I’m leaving”

“Ok”

I think you also have to ask Syri about it first, with Serafen present? She is in the Court close to the entrance.

I’m pretty sure I triggered the chest conversation before talking to Syri. If you enter through the Forge you are likely to find the chest first.

• Like 1

This quest needed other ways to progress the conversation with Serafen’s friend.

I played this quest very early, was nowhere near the insight check iirc, so after chasing this guy across half the deadfire the conversation at the end amounted to something like:

“I’m leaving”

“Ok”

That's really just the issue with the game being open world and some people rush through something too fast it breaks the pacing.Multiple quests in this game open new options if you do other quests first and drag the other char along. Sayuka is supposed to be a level 13 area or something and by level 13, you will have the multiple quests done with the pirate to learn about the secret slavery deal in the Principi and Royal Deadfire deal in Sayuka.

Serafen kept saying how we need to address the situation quickly so I did. Guess I missed an insight check because never once was it mentioned what Remaro did so the quest was quite vague. Plus I'm a Swashbuckler and wanted to deal with those pirates. I slaughtered them first try head to head on a low level (4 or 5?) party.

Benwett location isn't really high level. If anything, it's another port that sells stuff if you don't aggro the pirates to kill Benwett and follow Serafen suggestion to be stealthy and just assassinate him.

there are many ways to kill him and the pirates never went hostiles for me . 

I mean unless you bust in and kill him...

I went the others routes (found 3) to kill him..and nobody go hostiles . 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Benwett location isn't really high level. If anything, it's another port that sells stuff if you don't aggro the pirates to kill Benwett and follow Serafen suggestion to be stealthy and just assassinate him.

The trigger is really just the alarm horn thing.

that one is just one route...

or are you saying when you use the horn everyone goes hostile?  :ermm:

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Yes, the entire place turn red if the horn is blown even once.

You can stealth in and butcher everyone in the dungeon and still be blue with everyone else if they fail to sound the horn.

Yes, the entire place turn red if the horn is blown even once.

You can stealth in and butcher everyone in the dungeon and still be blue with everyone else if they fail to sound the horn.

hum...

the horn is part of a route . did you do it? Talk to the guy in the forge ? 

Elderly Hive Dweller

“I’m leaving”

“Ok”

That's really just the issue with the game being open world and some people rush through something too fast it breaks the pacing.Multiple quests in this game open new options if you do other quests first and drag the other char along. Sayuka is supposed to be a level 13 area or something and by level 13, you will have the multiple quests done with the pirate to learn about the secret slavery deal in the Principi and Royal Deadfire deal in Sayuka.

The game seemed to push me towards doing Serafen's quest ASAP so I did, and there's no way to tell the intended levels of areas with Scale Up on. Perhaps the messed up companion reputation system made his quest trigger earlier than intended. 

hum..

No, there are 3 routes. You either storm in, stealth in to the forge and steal ship OR stealth in, go outside and do the quest with Mirke to make a party and blow Benwett up with a planted bomb when he plays the piano thing.

And if you do it the Mirke way, you also get to talk to Syri the Siren who tells you about Remaro and his room before he left.

hum..

No, there are 3 routes. You either storm in, stealth in to the forge and steal ship OR stealth in, go outside and do the quest with Mirke to make a party and blow Benwett up with a planted bomb when he plays the piano thing.

And if you do it the Mirke way, you also get to talk to Syri the Siren who tells you about Remaro and his room before he left.

yeah I know...

lol that's what I said...

Elderly Hive Dweller

hum..

You can also throw the party and NOT blow him up, but talk him down. You can also have the pirates steal his ship and you lure him to the outside walls and you can talk him down there. Aeldys is less angry if you keep him alive.

But that bomb blowing up in his face and the reaction of the audience are the best things ever... Idk why you'd want to skip it. Aeldys is better off without that **** anyway  :grin:

• Like 4
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

or seeing his ship sail without him...hilarious! and well deserved !

Elderly Hive Dweller