Serafen is my bro, a very pleasant character and will take him more often.

Edér is the same as in PoE1 aka awesome.

Aloth is mostly the same as well, not a big fan of him but he's a wizard.

Maia is horrible and boring and that soldier/captain stuff is annoying me. Horrible romance as well, never taking her again.

• Like 1

Dank Memes for Dank Spores.

Edér is probably my favorite companion from both games, he's the kind of person you don't mind hanging out with and he's also got your back in a fight. Reminds me a lot of my RL best friend. 

I like Aloth mostly because I enjoy watching his awkward reactions to people and situations. 

Maia likely comes in next just because I respect her sense of loyalty and duty and she doesn't seem to be another person in dire need of my attention at every turn. 

Xoti and Serafen are tied for last for me. Xoti's absolutely crazy and she basically forces herself on you whether or not you reciprocate her advances, she's also annoying obstinate and irreverent. Serafen is the kind of person I tend to avoid: loud and vulgar with an over-inflated ego. 

I've pursued no romances and so cannot speak in that regard. 

Edited by Witness41920
  • Like 1

I like Xoti....she is cute . Maia is awesome and love giving her a pirate hat . 

Eder is your boring farm boy , beside the voice actor being good at voicing..that's pretty much all he has going for him . So mostly he warm the bench . 

I like Aloth , nerdy and stuck up and Elysm is hilarious . 

Serafen . While I love Orlan , the previous orlan companion was utterly boring and this one isn't any better . 

Tekehu , kinda mixed about him . He is the first fish like Godlike and it's awesome to see different kind of godlike (just wish we could be one) , and since he has tie to the Huata , he has alot of dialogues . But the Mama Boy and 'I'm scared to be anyone important and let me run away from the word responsability' ..I'm like urghhhh.......

But could be worse I guess....they aren't terrible so much you wanna murder them like some others companions from others games , but they don't shine that much in comparaison to Sagani for exemple whome I loved or the Grieving Lady . 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Serafen is the best. He's like a more refined version of Hiravias.

Pallegina is the still the queen retort like Eder mentioned in PoE 1. Even Serafen gives up with his silver tongue.

Eder will forever be Eder and we all love him for it

Maia is like a more cheerful and sassy version of Sagani. I do like her around compared to my 1st playthrough. She says a lot more when you have her questing.

Takehu is okay.

Aloth is decent, annoying because of his reaction to everything you want to do.

Xoti is annoying.

If I say, I recommend you play with Pallegina, Takehu, Serafen and MAia in your party. Those 4 are faction-based so they have WAYYYY more to say and constantly fight with each other because of their beliefs. They also add to nearly every bounty and quests you do. Eder, Aloth and Xoti are just neutral. It was hilarious watching Pallegina beat the crap out of Serafen in a verbal fight.

Edited by Zeitzbach

Pallagina..I forgot about her . she is the weirdest Paladin I ever seen . She act more like a Merc then a paladin...and she is an ass . I'm like sheesh..learn to relax a bit.......

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Pallagina..I forgot about her . she is the weirdest Paladin I ever seen . She act more like a Merc then a paladin...and she is an ass . I'm like sheesh..learn to relax a bit.......

Every game needs a serious char. She's the super serious and hardened character of this game. If anything, the fact that she can be super serious and is still the queen of retort make her a lot more amazing. Her tongues are sharper than even a legendary unique dagger.

Every game needs a serious char. She's the super serious and hardened character of this game. If anything, the fact that she can be super serious and is still the queen of retort make her a lot more amazing. Her tongues are sharper than even a legendary unique dagger.

then you talk about the gods and she goes butt hurt  :lol:

there goes the pretty figure of 'I'm deadly and seriouse! fear meh!' 

Elderly Hive Dweller

Id probably exchange maia for aloth or xoti (mechanicly shes week, maybe she works better as geomancer) but as someone has mentionned pallegina (still said her return was so badly written), tekehu, serafen and maia all represent one of the 4 major factions in the game....while i love aloth and eder they both feel a bit misplaced.

Xoti is interesting...if only i could take 6 characters

Edited by Nemesis7884

1 Tekehu & Rekke - Tek I find hilarious and Rekke is intriguing, plus he barely even takes any damage. IDK if his gibberish is based on any language, but he does it really well. I wish he was a proper companion.

2 Eder - what's not to like about him?
3 Serafen. I like him, but I'm not over-excited about him and he dies a lot, so I ditched him for Rekke

4. Aloth. I loved him in 1, but he's become incredibly annoying, stuck up, judgemental and passive aggressive. The fact he's constantly groaning at jokes and taking everything too seriously while approving of annoying crap companions do doesn't help either. Took forever to get his approval to 1 and I even had it at -1 at one point, so much for forgiving him for being a lying user in POE1 and helping him sort out his issues xD He's handy though.

5. Xoti & Pallegina. Don't dislike them, don't like them either.

6. Maia - cannot stand her. She's rude and over confident. Why can't they make any female characters that are fun? Mahena was the closest, but she couldn't compete with Zahua.

I haven't used the other sidekicks.

nvAeseu.png

1 Tekehu & Rekke - Tek I find hilarious and Rekke is intriguing, plus he barely even takes any damage. IDK if his gibberish is based on any language, but he does it really well. I wish he was a proper companion.

3 Serafen. I like him, but I'm not over-excited about him and he dies a lot, so I ditched him for Rekke

4. Aloth. I loved him in 1, but he's become incredibly annoying, stuck up, judgemental and passive aggressive. The fact he's constantly groaning at jokes and taking everything too seriously while approving of annoying crap companions do doesn't help either. Took forever to get his approval to 1 and I even had it at -1 at one point, so much for forgiving him for being a lying user in POE1 and helping him sort out his issues xD He's handy though.

6. Maia - cannot stand her. She's rude and over confident. Why can't they make any female characters that are fun? Mahena was the closest, but she couldn't compete with Zahua.

being over confident is a bad thing? 

Elderly Hive Dweller

being over confident is a bad thing? 

Not always, but in her I find it mega obnoxious.

nvAeseu.png

you should meet some arrogants companions from the past...

Maia will look like a saint then  :lol:

Elderly Hive Dweller

you should meet some arrogants companions from the past...

Maia will look like a saint then  :lol:

Such as? xD

hum..well take anomen from BG2 lol...

there is arrogant funny , and arrogant prick I wish you die kinda of companions . Edwin from BG2 was arrogant but it was still hilarious . Anomen is your I hope you die in a dark alley kinda of companion . 

Edit: Also Pallagina come off as very...arrogant . But that just make me wanna grab my religious book and nag her even more just for fun  :w00t:

Edited by E.RedMark
  • Like 1

Elderly Hive Dweller

there is arrogant funny , and arrogant prick I wish you die kinda of companions . Edwin from BG2 was arrogant but it was still hilarious . Anomen is your I hope you die in a dark alley kinda of companion . 

Edit: Also Pallagina come off as very...arrogant . But that just make me wanna grab my religious book and nag her even more just for fun  :w00t:

I haven't played BG yet. I died in the tutorial AND had to google how to complete it, which kind of put me off lmao. But yeah it depends how they are obnoxious. I liked Durance, although he was rude as hell xD I'm not keen on Pallegina either btw, I didn't even recruit her initially, but then picked her up after I decided Maia is dreadful .

nvAeseu.png

Maia jumping on my list to be behind Serafen after traveling with her around. It's like a sitcom.

Serafen is the funny and can be wise sometime one.

Pallegina is the serious dad.

Maia is the mother.

And Takehu is the one they all take turn saying "TAKEHU NO!" except for Serafen.

And so many harsh and witty one liner.

"Hard to find A pirate with an office instead of a ship. Sorry for sanking your"

Maia you don't need that rifle, you're killing people with your words.

• Like 1

I haven't played BG yet. I died in the tutorial AND had to google how to complete it, which kind of put me off lmao. But yeah it depends how they are obnoxious. I liked Durance, although he was rude as hell xD I'm not keen on Pallegina either btw, I didn't even recruit her initially, but then picked her up after I decided Maia is dreadful .

yeah , not every companion gonna be Love at first sight . and really..to each it's own . 

But one thing I can say about companions here in this game is ..while some can be boring and such . At least they aren't Awful , so awful you wanna kill them .

And that's a good thing . 

I mean Durance was like..God...where this *thing* came from !! and why isn't it dead!!! 

cose of his dialogue mind you! But thats actually a good thing! I don't think he was made to be loved . Certainly not from his look at least !

and he was unique , like it or not..not every day you gonna meet someone that look like he kissed a bomb and survived , and hate the whole world while at it . 

and if you love durance , you love him for being what he is . Someone you wanna bury alive....(he kinda remind me of a character in Naruto : Hidan  , just less pretty ) . 

2015-04-01-Feels-like-Eternity.jpg

• Like 2

Elderly Hive Dweller