whats the difference between sidekicks and companions. I just met Ydwin and plan to recruit her, would she be interesting in my party?

Sidekicks are lesser versions of companions. Sidekicks don't have complete story arcs. Sidekicks are more like the companions you had in BG1 if you played that game.

• Like 2

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

whats the difference between sidekicks and companions. I just met Ydwin and plan to recruit her, would she be interesting in my party?

No. Sidekicks get little to (in Ydwin's case) no content after recruitment. Ydwin is an interesting premise without any kind of story attached.

If anything, the companions are less companions than the Baldur's Gate examples were. I think Rekke is the only one with much of any dialogue after recruitment.

Edited by The Sharmat

Do sidekicks at least get party interaction? If they get nothing, whats the point aside from just having a certain class in your party, but at that point you can just make an "Adventurer", they don't cost that much (early levels anyway). 

Do sidekicks at least get party interaction? If they get nothing, whats the point aside from just having a certain class in your party, but at that point you can just make an "Adventurer", they don't cost that much (early levels anyway). 

They have little interactions + a quest.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I haven't used the sidekicks much but the wizard sidekick did have some dialogue when I had her in my party and we went to speak with her former employer.  So they may speak up here and there if something directly relates to them which would not happen with custom adventurers but that's about it.

By the way, do Sidekicks have subclasses or just the default classes ?

I've found Sidekicks' classes and companions' classes and subclasses on Internet but not Sidejicks' subclasses. I'm planning my first true party so this information would be really usefull.