Hey guys,

Pretty new to the game and I have been using Seraphin with dual pistols for a while now. It has been working out pretty well but I have a couple of unique bluderbusses and only some fine/exceptional pistols and was wondering if it is worth it to dual wield them?  I don't really know if they perform pretty similar for doing ranged damage or if they have different roles? I basically want to stack focus as much as possible but I would imagine that the unique blunders would be better.  Thanks in advance!

It depends on enemies' AR. If it's low (or if you have plenty of PEN) then the damage per shot is better with a blunderbuss. If you struggle to overcome AR then a (or two) pistol(s) is the better choice.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It depends on enemies' AR. If it's low (or if you have plenty of PEN) then the damage per shot is better with a blunderbuss. If you struggle to overcome AR then a (or two) pistol(s) is the better choice.

Ok that makes sense for then. They are both for dps but the amount of armor in question is going to be the determining factor. The blunderbusses I've found are Kitchen Stove and Xefas Empirical Explication and they both seem pretty awesome over just non-unique pistols.

Keep in mind that both pistols and blunderbuss' are currently bugged; attack frequency (reload + attack animation) can't be faster than 3.6~ seconds, even if the tooltip suggests it is.

So thats whats going on. I was wondering why my DPD and focus gain is to bad with double firearms if my reload time is 2sec. Back to the warbow then.

Keep in mind that both pistols and blunderbuss' are currently bugged; attack frequency (reload + attack animation) can't be faster than 3.6~ seconds, even if the tooltip suggests it is.

So thats whats going on. I was wondering why my DPD and focus gain is to bad with double firearms if my reload time is 2sec. Back to the warbow then.
u suggest warbow for an ascendant chiper then?

oh darn.. So what to do? I'm also using pistol on my chiper should I stop it and change weap? Do I have other option? I just wanna build focus

You can use bow or crossbow. Keep in mind, wep with blunted critical mod do less dmg on crit, than on hit. 

Or you can just modify this, for myself i remove this stupid penalty.

Edited by Zzz

oh darn.. So what to do? I'm also using pistol on my chiper should I stop it and change weap? Do I have other option? I just wanna build focus

There is warbow, Frostseeker, which shoots multiple projectiles and is overall, a but broken. Builds up focus crazy fast. I can’t remember where I found it though.

I prefer blunderbuss, wearing the pre-order hat makes you immune to blunderbuss active skill's debuff~

Looks like my edition does not include it. Is it possible to find something with that feature later?

Paladins and Rogues also have Perception Affliction resistance. Does any other class have?

Edited by Sotnik

Ok that makes sense for then. They are both for dps but the amount of armor in question is going to be the determining factor. The blunderbusses I've found are Kitchen Stove and Xefas Empirical Explication and they both seem pretty awesome over just non-unique pistols.

Xefa's is also bugged, in that it will interrupt/prone your party members too.

... Which gets even more annoying when you have a Cipher with Psychic Backlash, because apparently the interrupt/prone from Xefa's is a will attack.

Edited by hippofant

You really should try Wild Barrage with Swift Flurry.

Don't forget the popcorn!