The ending of the game feel a little abrupt to anyone else?

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved Pillars 2, but did the end feel like it cut you short at all? I know thematically you were in a time crunch, what with Eothas ripping the wheel a new ****, but would anyone else liked to have actually explored Ukaizo? Unless they plan on making an expansion that takes you back there I'd be *a bit* disappointed.

• Like 1

it looked like Protheans ruins to me..so not really . 

But I was expecting a fight , even it mean I become créme brulée ....come on! Let see if you can tickle a statue when it stump you!  :lol:

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

A lot of us feel t he same  way to that extent.

The main issue for me with the main  story is that it is only 10% of the game, and there's a huge disjoint between it and the rest of the game.

The story should have  been shaped more towards you working for the factions in order to gain access to areas Eothas has been to, and they shouldn't have made Eothas a giant colossus  at the start  of the  game as that kinda added to the sense of urgency.

They could have just made it so Eothas sainted Eder  or something and that's what brings you to the Deadfire trying to find him. Doesn't even  have to be Eder because he could be dead, but say someone else close to you,  or maybe you have dreams of Eothas coming back as a Saint and that's who you have to  find, with him only going colossus mode 3/4ths into the game. 

• Like 2

A lot of us feel t he same  way to that extent.

The main issue for me with the main  story is that it is only 10% of the game, and there's a huge disjoint between it and the rest of the game.

The story should have  been shaped more towards you working for the factions in order to gain access to areas Eothas has been to, and they shouldn't have made Eothas a giant colossus  at the start  of the  game as that kinda added to the sense of urgency.

They could have just made it so Eothas sainted Eder  or something and that's what brings you to the Deadfire trying to find him. Doesn't even  have to be Eder because he could be dead, but say someone else close to you,  or maybe you have dreams of Eothas coming back as a Saint and that's who you have to  find, with him only going colossus mode 3/4ths into the game.

Yeah, sounds about right. And it's not like going on the hunt for Eothas was hard, like Thaos, since Eothas happened to be a giagantic statue of adra and all that. Least it was kinda funny that trying to fight him got you zapped into nothing, without even a full end credits scene.

I think my biggest issue is that I feel like I did a lot to make the deadfire better and it felt ignored in the end after he destroys the wheel. Like Neketaka more or less falls apart and everyone is at war with each other. I suppose I saw that coming because allying with any of them means destroying another but I would at least think there would be more of a positive mark the watcher makes for all that they have accomplished.

I am however very excited to see what that does for the narrative for the third game, assuming there will be one.

I think it's always harder to write around characters that you cannot truly defeat, and make it enjoyable for the player. I think Eothas was fantastic though, but yeah. Felt like Doctor Manhattan in a way. And as you cannot really fight Eothas, the game lacked a proper finale battle. I think the guardian fight was decent, but the lack of build up leading to that didn't make me care about it's defeat. Plus the one after that was just weird, seeing the Wheel is going to get busted and they still want to engage you? Ending wasn't as bad as some games have, since there are so many things that come together when you travel to Ukaizo, but it still left me a bit unsatisfied. I was hoping to spend more time in Ukaizo for one. Loved the ending slides though.

well I asked a Dev about the shantie , he did say they run out of times . So maybe they run out of time for alot of things it seem...

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

My heart sank after fighting the Guardian when I saw Ukaizo had three more zones to it. I was happy looks were deceiving and it was short as it was, but the final conversation with Eothas certainly felt abrupt. I think I said two sentences and that's it.

Edited by Icesong
  • Like 1

I think it's a bad design choice to leave players unrewarded for all their efforts at the end of the game. Because, really, no matter what we did in the game in the end it didn't matter much - there was no way to avoid a railroaded ending. It would have been fine for other genres, perhaps, but not for an RPG.

And, btw, all the main quest areas were criminally short. Especially Ukaizo - it felt like devs ran out of money at the end and cut things short. But at least everything is voice acted  :rolleyes:

I would be fine with less voice acting if it meant a better budget for gameplay content to be honest. This was also the problem with Yakuza 6.  There was way less content than the standard Yakuza game because they chose to voice every dialog when the games were always just fine with the minimal voice acting outside of cutscenes. 

Others might prefer it, but I never listen to someone talking from start to finish because I've already read their lines before they even voice half of it lol. 

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved Pillars 2, but did the end feel like it cut you short at all? I know thematically you were in a time crunch, what with Eothas ripping the wheel a new ****, but would anyone else liked to have actually explored Ukaizo? Unless they plan on making an expansion that takes you back there I'd be *a bit* disappointed.

I totally feel the same way. Seemed like a lot of build up to just click a couple of chat options.

Seems like things were heading towards a three-way race to Ukaizo, with rival gods plotting to destroy Eothas, but then on reaching Ukaizo, there were two or three largely empty maps, then a couple of chat options and straight into epilogue briefing.

Some kind of battle with the rejected factions and/or rival gods' agents preparing to trigger their world-ending-stop-Eothas-plot, would have been nice.

But, that was my first play through on veteran difficulty. With 11 individual classes, 100+ multiclass combinations, not counting subclasses, three factions to choose between (four if you count remaining independent which I did on my first run), and 7 companions with their own storylines to squeeze into four party slots ... lots of replay options, even before DLC.

I totally feel the same way. Seemed like a lot of build up to just click a couple of chat options.

Seems like things were heading towards a three-way race to Ukaizo, with rival gods plotting to destroy Eothas, but then on reaching Ukaizo, there were two or three largely empty maps, then a couple of chat options and straight into epilogue briefing.

Some kind of battle with the rejected factions and/or rival gods' agents preparing to trigger their world-ending-stop-Eothas-plot, would have been nice.

But, that was my first play through on veteran difficulty. With 11 individual classes, 100+ multiclass combinations, not counting subclasses, three factions to choose between (four if you count remaining independent which I did on my first run), and 7 companions with their own storylines to squeeze into four party slots ... lots of replay options, even before DLC.

Now not that I'd say this is enough...but technically there IS a fight against one of the rejected factions after disabling the storm(as suggested in another thread, it might be tied to who you give your copy of the Ukaizo map.)

I'd actually say the main story is too long and too irrelevant. The game never gave me a reason to care about eothas and his random meanderings, I just had to deal with it.

In the meantime I feel like there isn't enough side content, which is sad because that is where the interesting framework for the actual game resides. It just isn't fleshed out enough.

• Like 1