If you are struggling with the "mecha dragon" I found a cheap way of outright killing it on my first attempt.

It is a construct. There is a certain level 8 priest spell that instantly destroys this type of enemy. Yes, it works. I laughed at the screen for a good 30 seconds afterwards.

That's brilliant. Have to try that next time. Unfortunately the dragon for some reason got tunnel visioned and tried attacking Tekehu only in my game (kept happening after loads too). I just blocked him off with other characters and killed it... It was very underwhelming.

• Like 1

If you are struggling with the "mecha dragon" I found a cheap way of outright killing it on my first attempt.

It is a construct. There is a certain level 8 priest spell that instantly destroys this type of enemy. Yes, it works. I laughed at the screen for a good 30 seconds afterwards.

I did the same thing. I was like....oh...they didn't make him immune to this... da fug. I'm so used to bosses being immune to any sorta one shot thing it surprised me. Seriously onty did it on a whim. I reloaded though to see how hard he would be without doing it and still wasn't that tough. And his buddies dropped like minnows. 

Reminded me of the old Phoenix down trick from earlier FF games lol.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I really like this kind of thing.  It rewards you for knowing the mechanics.  Pretty much any DnD based game has this kind of stuff in it, especially the old infinity engine games.

True, though in this particularly case there is certain amount or irony in using a priest, and therefore god granted, spell to instakill the guardian that moments before the gods have told you they are unable to influence..

Priests in Pillars of Eternity do not get their spells directly from the gods. Like all classes special abilities, priest spells are a manifestation of their manipulation of their own souls--in the case of priests based of the depth, fervantness, zealotry, and strength of their faith. That's why Durance still cast's spells dispite Magran being unable to see him.

I talked my way out of both dragon encounters. Any noteworthy loot?

Well......they drop ingredients to enchant items to legendary quality.

I noticed that for the magma dragon, but the scales I got off the sea dragon don't seem to do anything... Can anybody explain what they're for?

^ Nature Godlike Evoker with +power level gloves and resting bonus using Empower, correct?

I tried the same spell with Aloth using the gloves, Empower, and a +PL resting bonus but it didn't blow the Guardian to bits.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I talked my way out of both dragon encounters. Any noteworthy loot?

Well......they drop ingredients to enchant items to legendary quality.
I noticed that for the magma dragon, but the scales I got off the sea dragon don't seem to do anything... Can anybody explain what they're for?

I answered my own question but for anyone else wondering this:

The magma dragon drops gem-like things which can be used to upgrade several items to Legendary for free, and the sea dragon drops scales which can be used to upgrade several items to Superb for free

The only challenging fights I had on Veteran were when I went to Neketaka and wandered into the Hanging Sepulchers, and the boss by the mosaic in the Old City, presumably way too early. The good news is for those few fights the combat actually felt really good, so there's hope.

After that the only dangerous moments are when one of your own characters gets dominated and you've not brought anyone who can deal with it. It goes to show how far off the balance is when the enemy can barely scratch you, yet a single dominated party member can mess you up in no time if they're left to do their thing.

I think the Sky Dragon can make a return as well, depending on your end save data from PoE 1. I was messing around with data and found 'sky dragon' listed as a creature.

I had level scaling up when it was still broken, so usually my challenging fights were against foes that were simply above my pay grade (Think I tried Concelhaut five levels lower than normal on hard mode and I had to walk away and come back for the final showdown).

I didn't fight either dragon, but the mechanical boss was a pushover. I used all my summons expecting a hell of a struggle, and then shot at it like once before it died (on normal). Nemnok on the other hand, took a while and was listed as the strongest enemy killed even after then end boss, and some of the vampires are pretty dreadful. On my second playthrough I'm on veteran and have level scaling on, and it seems to me the worst fights this time round are due to that, as you can get into battles will enemies that have high armour rating and top tier spells, etc because the downscaling apparently only applies to level but not all the other stuff.

nvAeseu.png

I didn't fight either dragon, but the mechanical boss was a pushover. I used all my summons expecting a hell of a struggle, and then shot at it like once before it died (on normal). Nemnok on the other hand, took a while and was listed as the strongest enemy killed even after then end boss, and some of the vampires are pretty dreadful. On my second playthrough I'm on veteran and have level scaling on, and it seems to me the worst fights this time round are due to that, as you can get into battles will enemies that have high armour rating and top tier spells, etc because the downscaling apparently only applies to level but not all the other stuff.

Yep. Nemnok is way more tougher than the guardian. Still I liked that the guardian had phases, grew more heads as you did damage to it. Quite fun.

I killed Guardian of Ukaizo with one spell which dealt 1975 damage. Some abilities are too powerful or enemies are too weak. Now playing on PotD with upscaled content without priest. I wonder if it will be difficult.

At level 18-20, It won't be. At least not before the patch.

Nope there isn't, Nemnok with all his minions can be hard, when they come from 3 sides, but apart from that there's no real hard fight

Yes! That little **** was a little pain in the ass, but, got it in the first try anyways. The problem is all his toys, jesus, they are many coming from everywhere.

I didn't get to the mech dino yet, so... can't say much on that as for now. But, i'm close, though. Any suggestion, guys? 

Nope there isn't, Nemnok with all his minions can be hard, when they come from 3 sides, but apart from that there's no real hard fight

Yes! That little **** was a little pain in the ass, but, got it in the first try anyways. The problem is all his toys, jesus, they are many coming from everywhere.

I didn't get to the mech dino yet, so... can't say much on that as for now. But, i'm close, though. Any suggestion, guys? 

You play poTd ? If you want a challenge fight before go to the boss attack someone in the village before Nemnok. Aggro everyone and fight them. They are really anoying because the Chieft ( the father of the sacrifice kid ) have a special armor which buff his familly ( Which you will have if you kill him ) . It was the most epic fight for me on PoTd of course. I found a couple nice fight here and there but you have to force them like this little Town. ( If you play Solo or course i don't play 5 man it's too easy )

Edited by Lobotechx