are they just pure ****? in this game I'm trying to solo this on classic and they get just ****in steam rolled has anyone had any success with a barbarian soloing this game at all it seems they programmed it to be just un solo friendly as you can tell I'm frustrated.

My Glass Cannon mellee monster, that has no defense abilities or healing til high level can't tank the damage that's supposed to be spread over 5 characters!!!  What *****.  Talk about solo unfriendly, the game plays as if you are supposed to have multiple characters or something.  Grrrr.  Frustrating.

• Like 2

Thanks for the suggestions ill give it a shot. Im guessing Con is something i want to pool into as well i thought id throw into dex and str for faster attacks but it seems to do little for solo play. It just seems like Baldurs gate got it right when it came to choosing to use a party or solo, i guess BG is untouchable by standards. 

Barb seemed mediocre in the first game, to my dismay, so not surprised if it is still in that boat. Multi-class options like stated above will probably help, just need to experiment. I know I plan to roll a Tempest (Barb/Shifter) tonight and just right click things to death. 

• Like 1

Ive had a good time with berserker/streetfighter with blunderbusses to proc the streetfighter passive. Since blunderbusses hit your own party anyways theres a "synergy" there with berserker. I'm not running solo and imagine the build wouldn't be tanky enough to manage that, it does crazy damage though and will only improve once the blunderbusses reload bug is fixed. 

My MC is a Nature Godlike Berserker/Bleak Walker and is fun to play so far. I'm only at level 7, but so far it's been a lot of fun.

- Frenzy triggers the racial skill of Nature Godlike automatically

- Flames of Devotion is a full attack, meaning he hits pretty hard with dual weapons

- The Bleak Walker's special FoD makes targets Sickened, which helps rogues in my party deal more damage (Eder, Maia)

- Faith and Conviction makes him more tanky

Barb seemed mediocre in the first game

You didn't play him long enough. Actually it's a great class in PoE. It just starts a bit weak. But my does it skyrocket...

• Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Barb seemed mediocre in the first game, to my dismay, so not surprised if it is still in that boat. Multi-class options like stated above will probably help, just need to experiment. I know I plan to roll a Tempest (Barb/Shifter) tonight and just right click things to death. 

Barbs were fantastic in PoE 1.

• Like 2

Barb seemed mediocre in the first game, to my dismay, so not surprised if it is still in that boat.

In my Deadfire prepationary run two weeks ago, my Barbarian did more damage than the rest of my party put together. Now, there is some 'controlling the player charatcer most of the time' bias, but Barbs are just insane when it comes to aoe.

I'm finding Barbarian (playing a Helwalker / Berserker) does a lot less area than I initially expected.  Admittedly, with Berserker you don't really want piles of area damage, from a character that will hit friends with it...  Maybe its the -5 Int crippling the size, but I thought it would be a much bigger concern (I skipped the +Accuracy Carnage talent to help with it also).

I feel alor of thought went into all the ship stuff just that was the main focus and some of the classes just pure classes just got made like yeap barbarian um berserker throw it in. I feel like you have to multi class to solo other then the monk or w/e which ive heard is op. I remember the beserker from Baldurs gate 2 Whhheewwyy was he fun and the barbarian sub class thats how you make a class.

Gotta agree barbs were fantastic in POE, and they are great in Deadfire, even as a single class, but a tank they ain't. Paladins or chanter is always going to better for that purpose, and as people have said, for solo you need defense, and frankly many of the barbs abilities are not going to be great here. Doesn't mean the class is weak.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Can anyone tell if this atributes are good for Human Berserker/Devoted 19str 18con 3dex  15per 3int 19res  ?

Dont drop int to 3, it affects frenzy duration and you are going to suffer.  It also decrease carnage AoE as well.

Lack of dex means you hit very very slow.

I would dump resolve, since fighter+berserker has talents to resist afflictions and defensive traits to make up for the lowered resolve.

Might isn't as strong as you think.  Its an additive modifier to weapon damage.  There are other modifiers out there (such as weapon quality, talents, etc).

Can anyone tell if this atributes are good for Human Berserker/Devoted 19str 18con 3dex  15per 3int 19res  ?

Con around ~10, Might 14+, Dex 10+, Per 10+, Int around ~10, Resolve can be dumped. 

Might, Dex and Per all give you more melee dps, Int is important for your Frenzy and other buffs. Con is not worth increasing but you don't really want to get negative with it either. Resolve is the first attribute to dump in favor of more damage.

Solo'd most of the game on POTD with a Zerker. You really need meta-knowledge of where certain items are

The biggest issue is being interrupted and escaping combat state if **** goes bad. There are items that will help with that. 

Mind sharing the items? I am interested in applying Zerker to one of my new builds and would love to know for future reference :)