[BUG?] Custom Formations reset?

Shepard

Question

Now and then, I find my custom formation changed. I always use Eder in front, myself right behind, then Xoti and the other 2 behind her on the sides. Sometimes though, formation changes without me doing anything, and it can be whoever in front, sometime Aloth, sometimes Xoti, it's like they get too brave or something... But yeah, it's a bug.

5 answers to this question

Now and then, I find my custom formation changed. I always use Eder in front, myself right behind, then Xoti and the other 2 behind her on the sides. Sometimes though, formation changes without me doing anything, and it can be whoever in front, sometime Aloth, sometimes Xoti, it's like they get too brave or something... But yeah, it's a bug.

Have your characters changed order at the bottom of the screen? Formations are set by character order, not by the characters themselves.

The only thing I've noticed is that they are out of order on the bottom of the screen. I thought that the order in formation was supposed to be similar in the order they are on the bottom of the screen left to right, Eder is always first on the left, but then Aloth somehow is second or Maia, sometimes... Just doesn't make sense. I thought the order on the bottom of the screen would be similar to the order of formation.

Have your characters changed order at the bottom of the screen? Formations are set by character order, not by the characters themselves.

The only thing I've noticed is that they are out of order on the bottom of the screen. I thought that the order in formation was supposed to be similar in the order they are on the bottom of the screen left to right, Eder is always first on the left, but then Aloth somehow is second or Maia, sometimes... Just doesn't make sense. I thought the order on the bottom of the screen would be similar to the order of formation.

Er, well the formation order is based on the order at the bottom of the screen. So if you start with, say, PC, Eder, Xoti, Aloth, Maia at the bottom of the screen and put them into a custom line formation in that order, and then you reverse their order at the bottom of the screen, their line formation order will also reverse itself.

You just have to make sure the characters at the bottom of the screen are always in the same order. Sometimes they'll fall out of order when you do party management, and possibly some other stuff, so just shuffle them back in the right order and your formations should be fine.

Seems to be triggered by forced conversations.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1unxi531h8jm1dl/Niall%20%28a565c453-fe5c-4e57-a035-d82d1ae952cf%29%20autosave_2.savegame?dl=0

Edited by Achilles

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."