Hunting season Quest... really?

I think that in order to receive her blessing you must have also healed her daughters. This requires The Spine of Thicket Green from the Dark Cupboard or a druid party member. Then you sneak up on their respective trees and heal them.

• Like 2

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Guest Psychovampiric Shield

I am totally okay with absence of peaceful resolution, but apparently unless the watcher is druid/ranger, this is not even tough call quest, it is no call at all quest.

As I mentioned in my previous post, you can side with them regardless of class if you've been blessed by the Green Lady.

Okay, that makes second option technically available, if I visited another zone by chance, but I fail to see why I should go there first.

EDIT: actually even you happen to visit Motare o Kozi first AND heal the grove AND all pwgra you still MAY NOT receive blessing from Green Lady, because it apparently requires to heal/talk to them in very precise order.  So you have to do all this right, in completely unrelated zone, pass diplomacy check and then you will have about absolute minimum to do in the druid quest for it to be even called quest. On my list of bizzare Deadfire quests, this one will rank highly.

Needless to say that after this I will kill them druids with pleasure :D

EDIT 2: I pondered it a bit more and if the druids made their overtures to fleetmaster in similar fashion, I can totally understand why she sent death squad after them :DD

EDIT 3:  if one has the blessing and opens dialogue with the druids with "Leave", they will make their counter-offer with no dimplomacy check whatsoever. So it serves no purpose, it is neither sufficient nor necessary to unlock alternative solution. Opening with "I have come to end conflict..." and then clicking on "Leave" will make them attack.

This quest is ripe for bug report, because it is simply not finished, or excised element of something that did not make to release.

Are you actually complaining that you didn't pass a skill check?

The premise is simple: they're fantatics. So unless you adhere to their philosophies or have really high diplomacy, you won't get through to them.

You're also leaving out the fact that they can offer you a quest to assassinate the Fleet Master. That's not a nothing choice. If you are not a druid or ranger but you have the soulbound nature rifle from Motari O Koiki they will also talk to you then.

This quest is completely appropriately designed. You're just ****ty it didn't accomodate your personally desired outcome. The devs responsibility is to let you roleplay in within the confines of the world, not to change the rules of the world just because you come in swinging your Watcher ****.

Not exactly. I am complaining that even if you pass diplomacy check, you may still have only one "option".

Edited by Psychovampiric Shield

• 1 year later...

Will Maia leave us if I kill the RDC Chieftain in Sayuka ?  (Maia is not part of the team - she is on the ship)

Edited by fced

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

10 minutes ago, fced said:

Will Maia leave us if I kill the RDC Chieftain in Sayuka ?  (Maia is not part of the team - she is on the ship)

Hi fced, is your PC set to 2018? I noticed that most of your replies are to topics from this year...

And yes, Maia will leave.

Edited by AeonsLegend
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, AeonsLegend said:

Hi fced, is your PC set to 2018? I noticed that most of your replies are to topics from this year...

And yes, Maia will leave.

Thanks (game released two month ago on PS4 - it explain things)

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

• 3 years later...

Little of old topic but, i have two issues with this quest, i have to be a ranger or a druid to ally with the druids, once one of conversations demand diplomacy but dont bring me anywhere.
Second, even if the  two sides are in "point of no return" as some has try to argument, should still possible to be some kind of assassin, or something, and kill the heads behind this decision without make everyone my enemy. We talking about a game where a lot of people scheme and spy and do things behind the scenes. The fact i dont have some kind of option like that is strange to me, where your only option is a direct violent aproach in any side.

13 hours ago, Anayame said:

Little of old topic but, i have two issues with this quest, i have to be a ranger or a druid to ally with the druids, once one of conversations demand diplomacy but dont bring me anywhere.

No, if you cured the Rotted Lady on Motare o Kōzi you can ally with them as any class.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

I'm currently looking at this quest for the purpose of bug fixing, and based on the variables assonated at some point this quest had an alternate route.

b_HS_Received_Gift_From_Druids

b_HS_Delivered_Gift_To_Okaya

b_HS_Opened_Gift

Unfortunately these variables seems to be the only references left in the game. So what kind of item this "gift" might have been is really only speculation. Maybe a show of peace like a potted plant? Though personally I'm just picturing a Sporeling in a box that jumps out and kills Okaya when you leave her office 😄

On 5/17/2018 at 4:17 PM, omgFIREBALLS said:

Edit: Okay, it seems it's like this. If you have 13 Diplomacy, I think you can leave without a fight. However, if you use that option and you've been blessed, they will consider you an ally of nature and ask you to instead kill the Rautaians. For agreeing to do so, they will give you a blessing from Galawain, which sounds very ceremonial when they perform it but I didn't see any new buffs showing up, however they handed me the https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Saint_Omaku%27s_Mercy bow.

Oh wow, I had no idea it was possible to healing the Grove on Motare o Kozi. That's really cool!

On 7/12/2018 at 10:59 AM, Guest Psychovampiric Shield said:

Okay, that makes second option technically available, if I visited another zone by chance, but I fail to see why I should go there first.

EDIT: actually even you happen to visit Motare o Kozi first AND heal the grove AND all pwgra you still MAY NOT receive blessing from Green Lady, because it apparently requires to heal/talk to them in very precise order.  So you have to do all this right, in completely unrelated zone, pass diplomacy check and then you will have about absolute minimum to do in the druid quest for it to be even called quest. On my list of bizzare Deadfire quests, this one will rank highly.

Will give this issue a look for the next Collected Fixes update. Should be pretty straight forwards to fix!

Edited by Kvellen
  • Like 2