badly written sidequests

I am not satisfied with the writing in this game.

for example when you follow the dead valians into the enigwathian machine you discover that they got killed by trinkets with confusion wards cast on them.

Under this confusion the leader also wrote a logbook where he thinks about sucking peoples souls into adra. Obviously insane. And shortly after they kill each other.

When i get back to the village i do not have the option to confront them about the confusion curse, i can only tell them that they were totally right and valians are evil.

Just one example of a sidequest that i found unsatisfactory, there are many more instances where you are forced into something you dont believe in as a player, sometimes just simple dispositions, sometimes big actions.

Edited by Nague
  • Like 1

yeah I noticed that too . I wanted to rant 'Its evil! it was POISONING PEOPLES!!! THERE WERE SOUL STUCK IN THERE! I NEED A SHRINK NOW HALP!!!!!'' 

But instead I got a : I destroyed the adra pillar..muh . Give me my reward now . 

:lol:

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Might be a bug for that one. Who did you confront? 

I did that first before going to Tinakaua or whatever it's called and ended up talking to the priestess who I killed after she asked for it back because what she did was a **** move.

Though I agree that the writing is quite weak in certain areas.

Edited by FecklessFool
  • Like 1

There are some strong moments to be fair; speak to a ropari beggar in the gullet who is willfully starving because she thinks it is what she has earned bc of her caste in society. That bit is well done, as are many others.

But, I agree. Many of the side quests and locations feel more like levels out of od nua than fully fleshed out side-quests. A means of giving the player loot and xp rather than oppertunities to create satisfying narrative arcs

This example is a good one.

The outline of the quest and the reason the valians go insane is a good one. It shows that even though the valians are oppressors and opertunistic, it isn’t a straight forward struggle of honorable natives vs colonizers. And the way the priestess sabatoges them is good in a devious way.

They just didn’t include enough follow through to give a satisfactory conclusion. That is a problem in a number of side quests

Edited by jones092201

If you pick up the Ngati idol, you can confront the priestess at the shrine about the curse

Must be a bug than. I def picked up the idol and passed the check to discover the curse, but I only had the option to give the priestess Beza's pages and tell her that she was right all along. So I, too, thought it was poor writing. Now it seems like poor scripting instead.

If you pick up the Ngati idol, you can confront the priestess at the shrine about the curse

I couldn't.

This is kinda my frustration with the game, there is a crap-ton of these sorts of problems within and I really don't know how many are due to bugs and how many are simply bad writing. I really hope they'll fix the bugs in dialogue as soon as possible instead of giving us the giant "**** you" by simply pumping out DLCs in order to get more money as soon as possible. I mean **** you obsidian for planning 3 ****ing DLCs for the first 6 months when the actual game is essentially still in a Beta state. This is utterly inexcusable.

Edited by Amentep
Piracy reference

The most important step you take in your life is the next one.

There's a zero tolerance to posting any kind of piracy post that seems to advocate piracy. The thread has been edited to reflect that.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man