Different characters = different speed?

I think that speed should be measured by dexterity and your loadout. The higher dex you have, the faster you are. But the more/heavier things you carry, you get a slow penalty. But having a high strength reduce the weight-load penalty. Master speed should help you, but your non-Jedi teammates should have a hard time keeping up with you. Also, some creatures like Kath hounds should have no problem keeping up with you if you try running away from them (like try kicking a canine and try to outrun it) because they're damn fast.

I also suggest new equipment to help you with speed, just as speed armor (armor that gives you strength and/or speed) or rocket packs. Maybe small vehicles? Just a thought.

*despises games that use how much you carry to affect your movement rate*

While it is true in the sense of RPGs, I still dislike it immensely.

And there's always Force Speed.  :wacko:

It's all about skillfully using logistics. There has to be a trade-off to being a walking tank. When you use Force Speed or Master Speed, your non-Jedi teammates should have a hard time keeping up with you.

Anyhow, why do you hate it? It makes more sense than everybody in the game running at the same speed.

I agree that teammates shouldn't be able to keep up with you if you are using master speed, (that's one thing that bugged me in the first game) but I'm not sure about the other suggestions. :);)

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I'm not crazy about it because while, yes, it is realistic, it does interfere with my actual enjoyment of the game. Things like limited item slots, as well, do the same. It's just a personal thing. I find it annoying that I have to take time out from fighting/story forwarding/character development in order to decide whether I want to keep the bracers or the breastplate.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

I'm not crazy about it because while, yes, it is realistic, it does interfere with my actual enjoyment of the game.  Things like limited item slots, as well, do the same.  It's just a personal thing.  I find it annoying that I have to take time out from fighting/story forwarding/character development in order to decide whether I want to keep the bracers or the breastplate.

i have to agree...

i've always hated having to micro manage the weight in some rpgs and it was one less thing to think about in kotor. i like the current setup. so no compliantes there.

I'm not crazy about it because while, yes, it is realistic, it does interfere with my actual enjoyment of the game.  Things like limited item slots, as well, do the same.  It's just a personal thing.  I find it annoying that I have to take time out from fighting/story forwarding/character development in order to decide whether I want to keep the bracers or the breastplate.

Bracers or breatplate shouldn't dampen your speed a whole lot. I'm talking if you carry 10 heavy machine guns on your person or something. Power armor can help you with the load, or a small personal/group vehicle like one of those flying surf boards, or rocket pack, or scooter. Or just be high in Strength and Dexterity.

btw Adria, in any of those games, have you ever tried travelling light?

I think that speed should be measured by dexterity and your loadout. The higher dex you have, the faster you are. But the more/heavier things you carry, you get a slow penalty. But having a high strength reduce the weight-load penalty. Master speed should help you, but your non-Jedi teammates should have a hard time keeping up with you. Also, some creatures like Kath hounds should have no problem keeping up with you if you try running away from them (like try kicking a canine and try to outrun it) because they're #%!* fast.

how mean, dont kick a nice dog...

*ahem*

this is a dumb idea then your fastest teammate will be killed wile(sp?) the other teammates(ex. carth or canderos[sp?]) will be going to the battle. <_<

I think that speed should be measured by dexterity and your loadout. The higher dex you have, the faster you are. But the more/heavier things you carry, you get a slow penalty. But having a high strength reduce the weight-load penalty. Master speed should help you, but your non-Jedi teammates should have a hard time keeping up with you. Also, some creatures like Kath hounds should have no problem keeping up with you if you try running away from them (like try kicking a canine and try to outrun it) because they're #%!* fast.

how mean, dont kick a nice dog...

*ahem*

this is a dumb idea then your fastest teammate will be killed wile(sp?) the other teammates(ex. carth or canderos[sp?]) will be going to the battle. <_<

:lol: What do you mean?

he means u the jedi will be at the battle fighting all by yourself and ull get killed becuz u got there a half hour b4 everyone else. so when candy and carth get there ur dead already

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Bracers or breatplate shouldn't dampen your speed a whole lot. I'm talking if you carry 10 heavy machine guns on your person or something.

Power armor can help you with the load, or a small personal/group vehicle like one of those flying surf boards, or rocket pack, or scooter. Or just be high in Strength and Dexterity.

I was just using that as a metaphorical example, not a literal one. :) The point I was trying to make is often you end up with many heavy items that you do think you may need, particularly on one of the first run throughs of the game, because you don't KNOW what you'll need. No, I tend not to carry 10 of the same heavy item around. But in certain weight-critical games, it didn't matter, I still had too much to carry.

And no real big help with the helpful vehicles you mention in games like Baldur's Gate. :p

Travelling light...well...let's see, yes. Of course. You try to travel as light as you possibly can in ANY weight critical game. You disperse as much as you can, and try to store it.

All of that takes time away from me actually playing the game.

If I want an item because I think I may need it later, I'd rather stick it in inventory and forget about it until that time. That way I have it, I don't have to worry about backtracking for it, dumping another item for it, or completely redistributing everyone's loads because of it.

I much prefer KoTOR's methods, which assume you've done all that already and let you get to the darned game already.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

Bracers or breatplate shouldn't dampen your speed a whole lot. I'm talking if you carry 10 heavy machine guns on your person or something.

Power armor can help you with the load, or a small personal/group vehicle like one of those flying surf boards, or rocket pack, or scooter. Or just be high in Strength and Dexterity.

I was just using that as a metaphorical example, not a literal one. :p The point I was trying to make is often you end up with many heavy items that you do think you may need, particularly on one of the first run throughs of the game, because you don't KNOW what you'll need. No, I tend not to carry 10 of the same heavy item around. But in certain weight-critical games, it didn't matter, I still had too much to carry.

And no real big help with the helpful vehicles you mention in games like Baldur's Gate. ;)

Travelling light...well...let's see, yes. Of course. You try to travel as light as you possibly can in ANY weight critical game. You disperse as much as you can, and try to store it.

All of that takes time away from me actually playing the game.

If I want an item because I think I may need it later, I'd rather stick it in inventory and forget about it until that time. That way I have it, I don't have to worry about backtracking for it, dumping another item for it, or completely redistributing everyone's loads because of it.

I much prefer KoTOR's methods, which assume you've done all that already and let you get to the darned game already.

What he said. Weight me down or try to make the game realistic with all this weight speed stuff, and I'll just take the game back, and of course, write a very bad review. :ph34r:

Agreed. :p

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.