I kinda wish there were basic character-specific AI settings that kept companion special abilities in mind. Or at least ones that were more mixed than passive/aggressive seem to be. I mostly have Tekehu being healy, but his water spells do no friendly fire whatsoever, so I'd also like him to be knocking those around, so I ended up having to do a lot more editing than I'd like.

• 7 months later...

If you have one AI slot filled for a character and the other AI slot empty, they'll still alternate between slots in whatever order you set (random, round robin, etc...). If a slot is empty, the character will autoattack. So, if you only have one AI routine per character, and you want a character to burn through their routine more quickly, assign the AI to both slots.

(I could use confirmation on this behavior- I reproduced it on Pallegina as a Paladin + Fighter but I'd like to be sure.)

I have it set to By List Order:

"The character will use the first behavior set selected to determine their action. If no ability or spell is available from that first set, they will use the second behavior set."

I have been assuming that this also means if none of the conditions of the first set are met, it will check the second set.

I find the AI Conditionals mod a must-have for scripting, really -- I'm not sure I'd still be playing this game without it.

I like to set Second Wind to trigger at 25% health, Refreshing and Vigorous defense to health below 50%, Unbending below 75% health

Into the Fray works well with "engaging or engaged by self: not"  and "engaging anyone" to scoop up all random enemies who aren't on the tank

The "more AI" mod has a lot of the things being requested -- it has lists of effects that you can select (say, "Arcane Veil is active"). I can't imagine playing without that mod now.

Yeah. Just as one example, you can do things like script Mind Blades to only fire at targets on whom Combusting Wounds is active and who don't have Arcane Reflection up, etc.

A few other examples:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/954102730671907636/22E1691CC6307400560305CE060D01850394A037/

(making sure you always have your buffs up)

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/954102730671907310/93E2F7470D62F9627D2FBB4A76885F5ED0F01566/

(making sure allies are buffed appropriately when needed; "target is race: kith" is necessary to prevent uselessly buffing summons)

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/954102730671907811/979F980472B6E59BE372277C50D43510ABE0610E/

(making sure that your scripted buffs don't run into stacking issues)

Once you really get it going you mostly just have to worry about positioning. It's a brilliant mod that dramatically cuts down on how much clicking you have to do and makes the overall game play a LOT faster and more conveniently.

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy
  • Like 1

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/954102730671907310/93E2F7470D62F9627D2FBB4A76885F5ED0F01566/

(making sure allies are buffed appropriately when needed; "target is race: kith" is necessary to prevent uselessly buffing summons)

The "Is race: kith" trick is awesome! I hadn't thought of that! The one annoying thing about my script for my herald is that he wastes heals and liberating exhortations on summons, which I do not want. Now I can fix that!

• Like 1

Oh, this may interest any of you who've had as much trouble figuring out how to automate "cast salvation of time on the Ascended Cipher" as I have:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/951852175334394719/B8CCC07D6FF49D1DEA6D7F97EEDD7AB80D705F79/

(you will need to build your party for Defensive Mindweb but if you're playing an Ascendant in a party you're probably doing that anyway).

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, how do you deal with the UI?

I find adding a new condition that should be at the top of the list extremely cumbersome. When I first create it,  it is at the bottom of the list so I start to move it one step up at a time. But when I move it three steps up the list starts to scroll down every time when I press the UP button. Am I the only one who experiences this?

I basically need to scroll the list back every time when I move the condition one step up. It is like Obsidian never tested what happens when you have more than 3-5 conditions in the list.

Edited by wih