Someone tell me how to intelligently set up wizard self buffs (spirit shield, vital essence, displaced image) once at start of combat.

If you only want them to be used once you can set them to "Always true" then use a long timer like 5 minutes on the reset.

• Like 2

Not casting

I don't know why that would be, but maybe try target: has inspiration - constitution (not)?

if the spell is not casting at all, check if your ai manager, the spell is the highest in the list. because the order the ai does things is from top to bottom. 

I didn't understand either why it wouldn't work.

And yup, it is the highest in the priority list.

I tested around a bit, I believe it is not a condition issue but a target issue, because when I set it to ally or self instead of ally, Xoti casts it on herself.

I'll test more and post the result.

Someone tell me how to intelligently set up wizard self buffs (spirit shield, vital essence, displaced image) once at start of combat.

Create one box per spell always true>self>priority none, and set timer on the duration of your spell after int modifier.

Put them all at the top of the list. This way your caster will cast them all at the beginning, and recast when they wear off if the casting ressources for that level have not been used for another spell.

Edited by Myrtillo
  • Like 2

If you only want them to be used once you can set them to "Always true" then use a long timer like 5 minutes on the reset.

I just have all of mine set to Always True, but I also set the cooldowns to the particular duration of that character if they are buffs I will want permanently active.  For trash fights where I'm steamrolling and I bounce from fight to fight before the cooldown is up, it honestly doesn't matter.  For any of the "real" battles though, it works as I need it to.

I just tested the 999 limit too, and it does act as a global timer, not just a per encounter one.  Although, 999 should be sixteen minutes, and I'm not sure if it will lock out abilities for that long (*I was at the three and a half minute mark before moving into the next area).  It also seems to only count for the currently loaded area you are in.  If you make a transition, it seems to reset.

Edited by Sanctuary

I just have all of mine set to Always True, but I also set the cooldowns to the particular duration of that character if they are buffs I will want permanently active.  For trash fights where I'm steamrolling and I bounce from fight to fight before the cooldown is up, it honestly doesn't matter.  For any of the "real" battles though, it works as I need it to.

I just tested the 999 limit too, and it does act as a global timer, not just a per encounter one.  Although, 999 should be sixteen minutes, and I'm not sure if it will lock out abilities for that long (*I was at the three and a half minute mark before moving into the next area).  It also seems to only count for the currently loaded area you are in.  If you make a transition, it seems to reset.

Sad, it really should be per encounter.  I changed it to 3 minutes, works better now.

hmmm maybe its a spell that you can only cast on yourself? ie. xotis radiance spell can only be cast on her

No I can manually cast it on others. 

However I retried in a different zone, and it worked... I guess I was having a small AI bug.

Edited by Myrtillo

Personally I'm not impressed at all by the AI  to say the least. I have a rogue/soul blade and I made something very simple - use Soul Annihilation every time I have resources (nothing else). The result :  my character is doing auto attacks most of the time with his focus bar maxed...

Edited by Kaylon

Personally I'm not impressed at all by the AI  to say the least. I have a rogue/soul blade and I made something very simple - use Soul Annihilation every time I have resources (nothing else). The result :  my character is doing auto attacks most of the time with his focus bar maxed...

I used Soul Annihilation+'always true' for the majority of the game, for the end game I now modified it to 'has at least 90 Focus'. Works flawlessly.

I even let the AI use leap, with 'target: has allies in range >1' + 'is spellcaster', plus some cooldown time, and it makes my Witch jump to the enemies' backline and wreak havoc among them nicely.

Edited by M4xw0lf

For soul annihilation I use "self: has 90 focus" and "nearest target", seems to work just fine.  I think it's real oversight that max focus isn't an option though, my focus can often get very high from kills during fights, and ascendants pretty much require it to be set to max focus.

I hope more conditions and priority settings get added.

Edited by Climhazzard
  • Like 1

if I have a singular of spell set containing 3 spells, the condition being 'always true', and a cooldown of '15 seconds', does that mean every 15 seconds it will cast spell number 1, or will it rotate down to number 2, then 3, every 15 seconds? Im trying to figure out if I should have 3 different sets of single spells with overlapping cooldowns, or if I can have all 3 spells in a single set and they rotate downwards.

I love the AI system, but the lack of any kind of explanation for what some of the things do really annoys me. The reset timer issue is super annoying when you have a lot of buffs. I wish you could specifically set buffs or debuffs to check instead of relying on checks like concentration, aff/insp, timer, etc.. Also I can't really figure out how to reliably use chanter invocations like the paralyze one. Also it's a gigantic pain in the ass to move things around in the priority list. Some of my characters only have a few conditions, but some have like 15 and it's a real hassle to work with the UI.

Not casting

I don't know why that would be, but maybe try target: has inspiration - constitution (not)?

if the spell is not casting at all, check if your ai manager, the spell is the highest in the list. because the order the ai does things is from top to bottom. 

I didn't understand either why it wouldn't work.

And yup, it is the highest in the priority list.

I tested around a bit, I believe it is not a condition issue but a target issue, because when I set it to ally or self instead of ally, Xoti casts it on herself.

I'll test more and post the result.

Create one box per spell always true>self>priority none, and set timer on the duration of your spell after int modifier.

Put them all at the top of the list. This way your caster will cast them all at the beginning, and recast when they wear off if the casting ressources for that level have not been used for another spell.

Timer! I never even noticed that box until I saw this tip. Thanks, Clerith's question had me stumped too. 

If the ability adds +20 defence (or any other buff that is not an inspiration), is there a way to make the character use this ability as soon as the buff expires?

Edited by Sotnik

If you have one AI slot filled for a character and the other AI slot empty, they'll still alternate between slots in whatever order you set (random, round robin, etc...). If a slot is empty, the character will autoattack. So, if you only have one AI routine per character, and you want a character to burn through their routine more quickly, assign the AI to both slots.

(I could use confirmation on this behavior- I reproduced it on Pallegina as a Paladin + Fighter but I'd like to be sure.)

Does anyone know what "Best current threat" means? Threat to who: the character using the script, or threat in general on the field?

"Best current threat" is an ambiguous description to begin with. I assume it means the strongest enemy on the battlefield, but even then, how it determines that would be a total mystery.

I'm not sure, but I've been setting "Most Damage Done" as the target priority and that's how I've been identifying The Big Bad.

if I have a singular of spell set containing 3 spells, the condition being 'always true', and a cooldown of '15 seconds', does that mean every 15 seconds it will cast spell number 1, or will it rotate down to number 2, then 3, every 15 seconds? Im trying to figure out if I should have 3 different sets of single spells with overlapping cooldowns, or if I can have all 3 spells in a single set and they rotate downwards.

It will check the first spell and cast it if it's available. If not it will use the next one. You'll want to set up three different conditions. The caster defaults are more for the enemies (naga will skip to sunlance while a plant person uses plague). 

If the ability adds +20 defence (or any other buff that is not an inspiration), is there a way to make the character use this ability as soon as the buff expires?

Right Click the skill and look at the duration. Set the delay to that # or # + 1.

Right Click the skill and look at the duration. Set the delay to that # or # + 1.

Thank you, I will probably use this advice; the problem is the duration of spells changing due to intellect buffs.

I think you can work around that. For example.

Wizard/xxxxx

• No Smart   -  Cast Infuse Vital Essence - Self  (default duration)
  • Has Smart -  Cast Infuse Vital Essence - Self  (modified duration - 4* seconds to take advantage of Smart)
  • No Smart   - Cast Defense skill - Self (default duration)
  • Has Smart - Cast Defense Skill - Self (modified duration)

*combat happens around 4s intervals and this is to prevent a recovery period stalling refreshing VE.

You can also make copies of this for different levels (1, 5, 10, 15, 20)  or gear/stat arrangement (WIZ/X 10 INT, WIZ/X 20 INT, WIZ/X 25 INT) so that fixing your delay times is just a matter of swapping the behavior to a different one.

• Like 1

Set your intellect buffs to activate first, then account for them in the duration.  If it's something that changes like turning wheel then I try to use an average instead, I would account for 5 out of 10 possible bonus intelligence, possibly more depending on how I play the character.

• Like 1

If you have one AI slot filled for a character and the other AI slot empty, they'll still alternate between slots in whatever order you set (random, round robin, etc...). If a slot is empty, the character will autoattack. So, if you only have one AI routine per character, and you want a character to burn through their routine more quickly, assign the AI to both slots.

(I could use confirmation on this behavior- I reproduced it on Pallegina as a Paladin + Fighter but I'd like to be sure.)

Does anyone know what "Best current threat" means? Threat to who: the character using the script, or threat in general on the field?

"Best current threat" is an ambiguous description to begin with. I assume it means the strongest enemy on the battlefield, but even then, how it determines that would be a total mystery.

I'm not sure, but I've been setting "Most Damage Done" as the target priority and that's how I've been identifying The Big Bad.

I would think that would target the one who's done the most damage thus far in combat, not necessarily the highest damage dealer. But maybe that's close enough after a few rounds.

One thing I know is "best threat" doesn't target the biggest baddy, not really sure what it does tbh.

It is probably the same as how the enemies prioritize their targets. I presume the class and resistances are taken into account, but I don't have a proof.

I feel like a vital aspect of this system is missing; the "has inspiration" stuff is a start, but far too many spells fall outside of those criteria.

It should be possible to set spells to only cast when their effect isn't already in effect. This is basically what the inspiration tags do, but it is needed on so many more. You can work around it with timers, but timers don't work for spell effects that can end early (summons dying, buffs being removed like wizard's double, etc etc)

Is there a way to do this that I'm just not seeing? 

• 1 month later...