This is the thing that excited me most about POE2. Call me a weirdo if you want.

Allies and enemies seem to be relative to the target. To target an enemy grouped with other enemies, you want to start with the condition allies in melee range.

You can set AI commands for usable items, too. Give Gaun's Pledge to Xoti as a backup!

Multiple conditions can be leveraged to cancel an ability if one condition stops being met. For example, if you want an ability to be used on an an enemy that is engaging you and not near death, you can do that. If the enemy turns away or is damaged to near death, the casting will be canceled.

I set up Holy Radiance to only fire automatically if the priest is hurt and at least one ally is in melee range.

I'm trying to figure out a way to attack an enemy that is attacking a squishy party member. I'll have to mess with it later, but I am not sure it's possible.

Edited by PugPug
  • Like 5

also i would like a command that make my chiper to start casting spell only when he is ascended.. can't find the condition for it

As long as it isn't over 90 you ought to be able to set the condition for your max focus level.

If your max is 90 then...

Self: Has 90 focus.

Edited by Climhazzard
  • Like 1

I also wish there was a condition for spell casts for that spell level remaining, just like there are for other resources. I assume the problem is it would have to be a condition for each spell level for each class. Which wouldn’t be a problem if they streamlined the UI and gave us collapsible categories.

• Like 1

also i would like a command that make my chiper to start casting spell only when he is ascended.. can't find the condition for it

As long as it isn't over 90 you ought to be able to set the condition for your max focus level.

If your max is 90 then...

Self: Has 90 focus.

but unfortunatly there is not every single max focus on condition, for example i have 65 now

• Like 2

It would be great for sharing and perfecting each one's AI settings if we can export/import them. The AI settings are not save dependent, so I guess there is way?

Edited by Emeus
  • Like 2

Decided to write out my Brawler AI for an example that people can use or criticize.  This is from memory so I might mess parts of it up.  I say (max duration of ability) because the duration will vary considerably by level and # of wounds for a monk.  For 10 wounds monks I'll usually account for at least 5 wounds in the duration. 

CONDITION                                                  ABILITY                             PRIORITY                           RESET TIMER                                                                   

Self: Hp below 75%                                      Second wind                           None                                            0

Self: Hp below 50%                                      Vigorous defense                    none                                  (Max duration of ability)

(or unbending)

Self: Has dexterity inspiration (not)              Swift strikes                             None                                            0

Lightning strikes                      None                                            0

Self: Has affliction                                        Clarity of agony                       None                                  (Max duration of ability)

Self: Has might inspiration (not)                  Thunderous Blows                  None                                            0

Self: Has perception inspiration (not)           Disciplined barrage                 None                                            0

Self: Threatened by anyone in melee           Force of Anguish                    Lowest fortitude                           5

Self: Threatened by multiple enemies          Efficient Anguish                     Lowest fortitude

Self: Has at least 8 wounds                        Torment's reach                       Greatest # of enemies                  0

Target: Allies in melee range > 0                 Raised torment         (alternatively:  lowest deflection or nearest target) 

(4 wounds for shattered pillar)                             

The weakness of using Self: has inspiration (not) to cast abilities is that if you get hit by arcane dampener you'll instantly consume all your resources.  The strength of doing it this way is that your character will automatically reuse the ability to counter afflictions of that attribute type. 

Edited by Climhazzard
  • Like 2

Also here's the one I use for Maia for her scout class.

CONDITION                                           ABILITY                                        PRIORITY                           RESET TIMER            

Self: Health below 75%                                  Second wind                                   None                                                 0

Self: Threatened by multiple enemies            Smoke Veil                                      None                                                10

Self: Engaged by anyone                                Evasive roll                                     None                                               10

Target:  Is spellcaster                                     Gouging strikes                                Farthest target                                 17

Target:  Has perception affliction (not)

Target:  Only ranged weapon equipped         Gouging strikes                                Farthest target                                 17

Target:  Has perception affliction (not)

Target:  My animal companion is attacking    Crippling strikes                        Being attacked by animal companion      18

Target:  Has dexterity affliction (not)

Target:  My animal companion is attacking    Crippling strikes                        Being attacked by animal companion      18

Target:  Has dexterity affliction (not)

Always true:                                                   Marked for the hunt                   Highest deflection                                    180

Always true:                                                   Accurate wounding shot            Marked prey                                              8

One trick you'll notice I'm using is copies of the same set, this can be done to limit the number of times a set can be used within a time period.  It's a bit resource hungry on the rogue side atm so it probably needs adjusting idk...

Edited by Climhazzard
  • Like 2

Allies and enemies seem to be relative to the target. To target an enemy grouped with other enemies, you want to start with the condition allies in melee range.

What exactly would you use that condition for?  It's already handled by the Self:Enemies conditional and Greatest Number of Enemies or Allies priority.

Edited by Sanctuary
  • Like 1

I'm not sure that's actually how it works.  If you look at the default AI packages, they are always set for greatest number of enemies when using area of effect skills or spells.  Why would they be setup to cast area of effect spells when the target is surrounded by your allies?

It's not your allies, it's the targets allies. 

Edited by Climhazzard
  • Like 3

By the way, custom A.I. sets are saved to this path:

C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity II\CustomAIBehaviors

and can be freely shared with other users ;)

• Like 7

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

What exactly would you use that condition for?  It's already handled by the Self:Enemies conditional and Greatest Number of Enemies or Allies priority.

Just using greatest number of enemies won't prevent your character from using a skill on a single target if the enemies aren't grouped up.  With target: allies in melee range > 0 or Target: allies in melee range > 1, you have a bit more control over when the ability will activate. 

Also, to add to my monk set, if I'm using shattered pillar with it's better offensive wounds generation I usually don't specify Target: allies > 0 because I don't mind if it's being used to stunlock a single target.

Edited by Climhazzard
  • Like 2

Just using greatest number of enemies won't prevent your character from using a skill on a single target if the enemies aren't grouped up.  With target: allies in melee range > 0 or Target: allies in melee range > 1, you have a bit more control over when the ability will activate. 

I haven't really run into an issue yet of the spells that I will let the script cast that can hit multiple enemies don't.  Most of the non friendly fire skills that I'll be using, I will use regardless for the damage bonuses.  Crowd Control spells typically want player precision, and the same goes for non foe specific area of effect spells and skills.

If nothing else, I suppose it wouldn't hurt cloning all of the AoE spells and skills that I am always using to also use the Allies in Melee Range > 0 conditional, with it first, and then the version without it below it.  That way, it should check to see if there are any groups of at least two enemies before casting and go for that first, but if there's not, then it will fire at the next best target.

Does anyone know what "Best current threat" means?  Threat to who: the character using the script, or threat in general on the field?

Edited by Sanctuary

You can use spells to specific people in your team. You just have to find their stats ie. Person X has the lowest deflection so I can then set it so that my priest will heal person X if he is 50% or lower and to do that I go on priority, lowest deflection. And you can do that to everyone in your team 

• Like 2

You can use spells to specific people in your team. You just have to find their stats ie. Person X has the lowest deflection so I can then set it so that my priest will heal person X if he is 50% or lower and to do that I go on priority, lowest deflection. And you can do that to everyone in your team 

I tried to make that work with -always true>prayer for the body>ally>highest will- so that Xoti buffs my watcher every fight but it seems to not be working. Are you using another conditional than always true ??

Does anyone know what "Best current threat" means? Threat to who: the character using the script, or threat in general on the field?

"Best current threat" is an ambiguous description to begin with. I assume it means the strongest enemy on the battlefield, but even then, how it determines that would be a total mystery.

I tried to make that work with -always true>prayer for the body>ally>highest will- so that Xoti buffs my watcher every fight but it seems to not be working. Are you using another conditional than always true ??

What is it doing instead? Not casting at all or casting on someone else?

Edited by PugPug

Does Marked for Hunt work with a 999 reset timer? From my experience the reset timer persists outside of combat. I tried putting some buffs on always true with long reset timers (like 40-60 seconds), and what I found was that if I was fighting battles in quick succession they wouldn't cast after the first fight.

Edited by Abbzug

Does anyone know what "Best current threat" means? Threat to who: the character using the script, or threat in general on the field?

"Best current threat" is an ambiguous description to begin with. I assume it means the strongest enemy on the battlefield, but even then, how it determines that would be a total mystery.

What is it doing instead? Not casting at all or casting on someone else?

Not casting

Does Marked for Hunt work with a 999 reset timer? From my experience the reset timer persists outside of combat. I tried putting some buffs on always true with long reset timers (like 40-60 seconds), and what I found was that if I was fighting battles in quick succession they wouldn't cast after the first fight.

I thought it was working...  I'll keep an eye on it though, perhaps it wasn't.

It may be my OCD, but on every multiclasser in the team including the watcher, I immediately create a new rule set for them and define everything myself. 

Also: Is there any guide out that explains all the conditionals in detail?