Reddit Deadfire Q&A With Josh Sawyer

People underestimate how difficult development is. If Josh has been doing this for six years without much else he more than deserves a break. I cannot fathom how exhausted he must be.

• Like 4

Yes! We have no bananas.

I think it's understandable to want to try something new after six years of doing the same, no?

People are just that - just people. Creative aspirations shift all the time. Doesn't have be some Satanic conspiracy behind it all or whatever.

I also think i remember that he said he would like to make a turn based game of some kind, maybe that is what he is trying to move towards.

Edited by Huh

People underestimate how difficult development is. If Josh has been doing this for six years without much else he more than deserves a break. I cannot fathom how exhausted he must be.

Agreed, i wonder what he will do in the coming years, i am personally hoping he will make a turn based rpg of some sort.

And hopefully this allows him to do his historical rpg

Yeah, it could be a nice change from all the fantasy RPGs out there :)

I just wish they'd spent more than 30 seconds on the Quest Triggers problem. That's why I'm not playing anymore, and have told everyone I talk to about games to not bother with this one.

Yeah, this is something i expect to see in early access games, hopefully they fix it sooner rather than later, i wish they would eventually release finished games, i feel like a beta tester with this game, but i guess the fairly low price makes up for it though.

Being a Director is a bunch of stress. Being a Lead is much more cushy. Im sure Josh just wants to take it easy for awhile.

Here is hoping they fix the companion reputations and some of the performance bugs that 1.02 brought about.

Edited by syphonhail
  • Like 1

Whatever Josh does next, and he certainly deserves a break of some sort, I hope there will be a POE3 and that it will be as good as POE2 has been.

Sounds like he wants to step back, at least for a while, and do something different. For all we know, it could be very different, with hints in some talks in the back of our minds.

Also, tongue-in-cheek, Tour de France is coming up. Maybe he wants to keep an eye on that instead of working 20-hour days :p

• Like 2