Xoti's reaction on Maia's story. is she a psycho?

Well, i'm pretty sure everyone agrees that Xoti is a bloody psychopath.

is she? i think she's nice, helping dead people to get back to the Wheel. 

Well, maybe if you push her to Gaun, she will become more darker and cruel person, but in my game she's very nice. 

• Like 1

Well, i'm pretty sure everyone agrees that Xoti is a bloody psychopath.

is she? i think she's nice, helping dead people to get back to the Wheel.

She isn't though. She's trapping them in a soul cage. Possibly to feed them to her all-devouring god.

The watcher actually helps the souls of the dead, and shouldn't allow her to cage anyone else.

Edited by Voss
  • Like 3

She isn't though. She's trapping them in a soul cage. Possibly to feed them to her all-devouring god.

The watcher actually helps the souls of the dead, and shouldn't allow her to cage anyone else.

[Xoti's quest ending spoiler warning, just in case]

During her quest, i convince her to give souls from Lanter to Animancers, and she said, after it her nightmares are gone and lantern feels light as never before. so... good ending? maybe?

During her quest, i convince her to give souls from Lanter to Animancers, and she said, after it her nightmares are gone and lantern feels light as never before. so... good ending? maybe?

don't listen to them . There are 2 path to her quest . One where it's darker and one where is good . 

Considering how buggy the dialogues are , I say let's wait till they patch them to get the real big picture . cose I think there are alot of dialogues missing . 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Yeah, but YOU convince her. Her inclination is to just hoard them for no good reason.

Does she want ghosts? Because that's how you get ghosts.

Yeah, but YOU convince her. Her inclination is to just hoard them for no good reason.

Yea, but YOU also can convince her to not release souls and keep them in lanter. that's how quest branching in RPG's works, it's always players decision. at least that's how i see it.

Yea, but YOU also can convince her to not release souls and keep them in lanter. that's how quest branching in RPG's works, it's always players decision. at least that's how i see it.
Eh? Her default desire is to take souls. You have to say no.

The player should be able to influence companions, but it shouldn't always be the player's decision. That was exactly what was wrong with Pallegina in the first game.

Thats just a puppet, not a companion.

Edited by Voss

Eh? Her default desire is to take souls. You have to say no.

The player should be able to influence companions, but it shouldn't always be the player's decision. That was exactly what was wrong with Pallegina in the first game.

Thats just a puppet, not a companion.

no, her default desire was help souls to get back to Wheel since Eothas is dead and it was his job to do. And after you helping Xoti collect few souls, she asking to visit Gaun's statue to relsease this souls. which is good thing to do, i think.
  • Like 2

Huh. I did that and she became a total lunatic. I'm gonna stop playing this game until a real patch comes out to fix this stuff. It's ridiculous even by Obsidian standards.

Huh. I did that and she became a total lunatic. I'm gonna stop playing this game until a real patch comes out to fix this stuff. It's ridiculous even by Obsidian standards.

HA HA HA!

40 hours in, not one bug. You just have bad luck. Sorry about that, but the game is actually *considerably* less buggy than Obsidian games in the past.

Everybody is so quick to forget what it was like playing KOTOR II on launch.

• Like 2

HA HA HA!

40 hours in, not one bug. You just have bad luck. Sorry about that, but the game is actually *considerably* less buggy than Obsidian games in the past.

Everybody is so quick to forget what it was like playing KOTOR II on launch.

Release was far from perfect but a noteworthy improvement over past efforts. 

• Like 1

Xoti does the opposite of whatever you tell to do during her side quest. Tell her to keep the souls and she releases them freeing her from the nightmares and remains sane. Tell her to release them and she absorbs them and becomes an unhinged serial killer.

• Like 1

I told her to release them and she did. But I had to pass some skill checks in a previous conversation before we got there to convince her it was the right thing to do. Might have been metaphysics checks.

It seems if you tell her mixed things she will do opposite thing in final one, if you tell her same thing she will do the thing you tell her to do

Anyway, this isn't only case of inappropriate reactions, there is one companion who tells sad story which results in description of other companions smiling :D Description text for opinion on them rising isn't really appropriate always

• Like 1