What's with gods peeping into the love life of your companions, anyway? Do they have nothing better to do?

I mean, spoilers...

...when you read Ishiza's soul, you discover that it's not Ishiza, but Hylea herself staring back at you. And to make matters worse, she starts giving you Maia-oriented relationship advice and wishes you a "happy mating ritual". Holy moly.

What the hell were you thinking, Engwithans.

I don't know man, made me want to dump Maia and court Hylea instead.

She's just too adorable.

Right until your ship gets bombarded by a barrage of bird poop, you mean.

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 1

What's with gods peeping into the love life of your companions, anyway? Do they have nothing better to do?

I mean, spoilers...

...when you read Ishiza's soul, you discover that it's not Ishiza, but Hylea herself staring back at you. And to make matters worse, she starts giving you Maia-oriented relationship advice and wishes you a "happy mating ritual". Holy moly.

What the hell were you thinking, Engwithans.

I don't know man, made me want to dump Maia and court Hylea instead.

She's just too adorable.

Right until your ship gets bombarded by a barrage of bird poop, you mean.

Hah! As if the birds could get past Worthless Idiot the gull eater!

Besiiiiides, it's called the poopdeck anyway. More poop on the poopdeck, who cares?

Edited by Juodas Varnas
  • Like 1

Uhm wait what, does that mean Tekehu and the Watcher do not get a happy ending?

I haven't played the game yet. But I'm very intrigued by Tekehu. Have been for a long time and I'm planning on making him my LI.

So no happy end? Is it just his romance or does no romance have a happy ending?

I'm a sucker for happy endings ;(

I need my happy ending :(

Sorry for late reply... it's not exactly a bad ending, but they do part ways, as characters in games usually do so each of them can go "their own very important way". It's frustrating because it's not like the watcher has anything to go back to or anything super important left to do, really, so I'd say my watcher would be happy to stay with her handsome fish and follow his way. For what it's worth Tekehu says his heart and the rest of him will always belong to the watcher and they promise to meet again. Yeah, it's a cheap plot device to give the devs an open ending for future games/DLC so that the player character is not permanently entangled with anyone and... I really dislike it. 

• Like 2

Eh I adore Tekehu to bits so I agree with you OP, he is a perma companion in my party. But I thought his ending kinda fit his character.

He is young, but he is also very fleeting. I didn't think those proclamations of happily-ever-after with the watcher meant anything long term. But maybe thats just my cynical heart talking :)

• Like 3
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

One thing I either missed out on or that was not present is a follow up to his goddess mom's threat that she wanted someone better for her son. I honestly expected some sort of an epic confrontation at some point, but... part of me is glad it did not happen. That could not have ended well.

Try dumping him :no:

incidentally has anyone tried romancing him as a moon godlike? Does Ondra react differently at all?

One thing I either missed out on or that was not present is a follow up to his goddess mom's threat that she wanted someone better for her son. I honestly expected some sort of an epic confrontation at some point, but... part of me is glad it did not happen. That could not have ended well.

incidentally has anyone tried romancing him as a moon godlike? Does Ondra react differently at all?

I'm creating a Moon godlike just to see what happens lol  :w00t:

• Like 1

I'm creating a Moon godlike just to see what happens lol  :w00t:

Knowing Obsidian it makes literally no difference, then again the godlike reactivity is a lot better in this game than the first pillars so maybe I am wrong.

I've seen screenshots of a moon godlike dumping him, Ondra's responce was the same.

What's wrong with her anyway. At first she goes all "My boy deserves someone better than you!", but don't you dare to hold her to that and leave him alone, because than she will go into "YOU HURT MAH BOY! YOU UNGRATEFUL UNLOVING YOU" mode and try to kill you. Is this crazy fish of a goddess ever satisfied?

I've seen screenshots of a moon godlike dumping him, Ondra's responce was the same.

What's wrong with her anyway. At first she goes all "My boy deserves someone better than you!", but don't you dare to hold her to that and leave him alone, because than she will go into "YOU HURT MAH BOY! YOU UNGRATEFUL UNLOVING YOU" mode and try to kill you. Is this crazy fish of a goddess ever satisfied?

So even a moon godlike is not good enough for her son? Who is? :no:

I think there is a case to be made for ondra being the most insane of the gods tbh.

So even a moon godlike is not good enough for her son? Who is? :no:

I think there is a case to be made for ondra being the most insane of the gods tbh.

Well.. I mean... She did kill her love, Abydon, by throwing a moon at him

• Like 5

Apparently you are supposed to turn him down the first time he propositions you, because in this case she says nothing.

I didn't romance him, but I find the idea of the Watcher, whom Ondra wanted to drown, so all her secrets would stay hidden, not only surviving and living to tell the tale, but also coming after her special boy, way too funny. Seriously though, Ondra, this is not healthy, I didn't restore Abydon for nothing, lol.

• Like 4

I find the idea of the Watcher, whom Ondra wanted to drown, so all her secrets would stay hidden, not only surviving and living to tell the tale, but also coming after her special boy, way too funny.

I admit one of the reasons I decided to go for Tekehu and not Aloth was exactly this. My Watcher's relationship with Ondra is the most fullfilling one she had in two games!

So even a moon godlike is not good enough for her son? Who is?

I think it's pretty clear the answer is no one. Ondra is just that creepy kind of mommy.

• Like 3

I find the idea of the Watcher, whom Ondra wanted to drown, so all her secrets would stay hidden, not only surviving and living to tell the tale, but also coming after her special boy, way too funny.

I admit one of the reasons I decided to go for Tekehu and not Aloth was exactly this. My Watcher's relationship with Ondra is the most fullfilling one she had in two games!

So even a moon godlike is not good enough for her son? Who is?

I think it's pretty clear the answer is no one. Ondra is just that creepy kind of mommy.

She also has a fish for a head.

• Like 1

Yeah I wouldn't romance Tekehu expecting anything long lasting. Or Xoti to be honest.

Pretty sure none of the romances are long-lasting.

I'd expect Aloth to stick with the PC actually. But only him.

• Like 2

Yeah I wouldn't romance Tekehu expecting anything long lasting. Or Xoti to be honest.

I've not romanced him, so i do not know, but Maia doesn't stick around either.

Goes off on Rauatai business but comes to visit from time to time or something  :getlost:

I've not romanced him, so i do not know, but Maia doesn't stick around either.

Goes off on Rauatai business but comes to visit from time to time or something  :getlost:

To be fair she's a spy. Expecting her to stick around is unlikely.l

Edited by Ryz009
  • Like 2

Aloth can stay with you if convince him to let Leaden Key fall apart on its own (not sure how it is spelled if he's pro-Leaden Key though, but also possible). And judging by data mined ending slides you can piss off Bearn so that he hates Eder, that way Eder goes back to your ship and Dyrwood in the end.

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 2

Yeah Aloth is the only one that makes sense to stick around. Others are more temporary.

I guess it opens room for new stuff if the devs wanted implement it in the future.

But to be honest I would not put too much stock into companion end-game slides. They look more like placeholders to me, just to see which way companions' personalities swung after traveling with the watcher. I mean everyone goes their separate ways after POE1 but then Eder is there sitting by your corpse from the beginning of the game, and it is not really explained how he got there. Pallegina and Aloth are also in Deadfire among all other places in Eora.

End-game slides are fairly open so any one can be later used for expansion/next game or whatever to justify companions returning or leaving for good.

Edited by Aridea
  • Like 2
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Yeah Aloth is the only one that makes sense to stick around. Others are more temporary.

I guess it opens room for new stuff if the devs wanted implement it in the future.

But to be honest I would not put too much stock into companion end-game slides. They look more like placeholders to me, just to see which way companions' personalities swung after traveling with the watcher. I mean everyone goes their separate ways after POE1 but then Eder is there sitting by your corpse from the beginning of the game, and it is not really explained how he got there.

I always assumed he came back after the attack found the steward and they proceeded from there.

• Like 3

In Tekehu's case it looked like it was the Watcher who decided not to stick around though. I mean Tekehu is still in the Deadfire doing whatever, but apparently the Watcher has some unspecified business in some other part of Eora. I guess they have a weird case of wanderlust  =]

In Tekehu's case it looked like it was the Watcher who decided not to stick around though. I mean Tekehu is still in the Deadfire doing whatever, but apparently the Watcher has some unspecified business in some other part of Eora. I guess they have a weird case of wanderlust  =]

Abydon's skeleton in the White March rises to wreak havoc upon Eora!

Dozens are killed!

• Like 3